ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-enter on tourist visa ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_bolbol20

re-enter on tourist visa ?

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:24 am

Hi

I know that tourist visa last 3 month,ist possible for one to re-enter more than once?

Thanks

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:29 pm

There is a difference between the length of period a visa is valid for, and the maximum length of stay the visa allows.

If you have a multiple entry visa then you will be allowed to leave and reenter more than once. A typical multiple-entry visa might be valid for, say, 5 years, and only allow you a maximum 90-day stay.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

ali_bolbol20

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:02 pm

thanks for your response, is typical tourist visa is multiple entry ?
in example above does 90 days has to be used in continous manner ? or that one could stay there for 2 weeks initialy and have 2years gap in between etc...?

thanks

Huzain
Newly Registered

Tourist Visa

Post by Huzain » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Tourist visa is single entry. Once you enter the state you can obtain multiple entry visa from INIS.

Thanks.

ali_bolbol20

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:40 pm

is there any requirment for this?

Thanks

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:06 pm

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... ng_ireland

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Re%20Ent ... 20Form.pdf
If you are not an EU/EEA citizen and wish to stay in Ireland for longer than 3 months, you must seek permission to remain in Ireland. You must contact the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service through the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) or your local Garda District Headquarters. (See 'Where to apply' below). If you are not an EU/EEA citizen, you will also require a re-entry visa if you wish to leave Ireland and subsequently return. You can obtain this 'Re-entry Visa' from the Re-entry Visa Processing Office of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (see 'Where to apply') below. You can download the Re-entry Visa Application form under 'How to apply' below).

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, the Department of Foreign Affairs or any Irish embassy or consulate may ask for additional documentation at any stage of the process.

ali_bolbol20

Re: Tourist Visa

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Huzain wrote:Tourist visa is single entry. Once you enter the state you can obtain multiple entry visa from INIS.

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for your response,

on the application form it says:
"If you apply for single Journey visa you can only re-enter Ireland once within 90days from the date of issue of this visa. it will not be valid for the duration of your GNIB card."

"if you apply for a Multiple Journey visa you can leave and re=enter Ireland on unlimited number of times from the date of issue of this visa until the expiry date of your GNIB card, or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earliest. "

in my case i would like to go as tourist for one weekend only! and then go for job interviews(as soon as I secure one!), I could end up going there 3 times within 3month ...

I dont know what GNIB is, and can I just apply for multiple entry visa type right now? can someone please advie on what the best option is?im lost.

Thanks