ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by broli » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:27 pm

johannf wrote:no problem. they wanted a letter from my local doctor/hospital stating when I registered with them and for which years. Also a criminal reference check from the PSNI. Both docs werent asked for in the application form, probably because Im in Northern Ireland ;) .
Cheers that's still good to know :)

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 am

johannf and me would be in the same boat applying as spouse of an Irish citizen from Northern Ireland.

I applied on 18th May got my letter yesterday on 13th June. However I was puzzled by the letter and have emailed the department asking why they have asked me to fill in Question 5.1 and 5.6 again and stating on the letter "see highlighted area" even though they only put the letter in the envelope. In the letter they also said please find enclosed a receipt for your application fee. Which wasn't enclosed.

They have also asked me to send my original passport plus copies of all pages and a hand written letter with my Chinese signature from my passport and english signature from the application. Dunno how long they will keep my original passport, I haven't seen anyone on the forum say they had to submit orginal documents (though I could be wrong). Does it mean its at an advanced stage and how long they will keep my passport for, as I need it for work travel maybe in July/August.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:52 am

hello everybody,
I was on holidays prev week, and decided to give a call to immigration. just three attempts and I got connected, a lady on the line said my application was in final stage. I.e. awaiting for a minister decision.
then a couple of questions from my side and answers
Does the minister make decisions by herself ? I know Dail is on recess now/soon. - No a dedicated team is handling those decisions
When is the next ceremony? - no defined yet, but certainly in autumn, late September the earliest
So it seems I have to renew my + my wife GNIB cards, which are due to expire in two weeks.

I sent docs on 9th December 2015, so six months turnaround doesn't work for me. I hope it's not something like significant changes in the way naturalization process is organized although

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 am

D13 wrote:hello everybody,
I was on holidays prev week, and decided to give a call to immigration. just three attempts and I got connected, a lady on the line said my application was in final stage. I.e. awaiting for a minister decision.
Does the minister make decisions by herself ? I know Dail is on recess now/soon. - No a dedicated team is handling those decisions
When is the next ceremony? - no defined yet, but certainly in autumn, late September the earliest
So it seems I have to renew my + my wife GNIB cards, which are due to expire in two weeks.

I sent docs on 9th December 2015, so six months turnaround doesn't work for me. I hope it's not something like significant changes in the way naturalization process is organized although
yes,lately has been very slow. I have been in advanced stage for three months by now, I guess we have no other option but to wait. I am sure that we will all or most of us get the approval in June, but as it seems things have changed

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:28 pm

jumanufer wrote:

yes,lately has been very slow. I have been in advanced stage for three months by now, I guess we have no other option but to wait. I am sure that we will all or most of us get the approval in June, but as it seems things have changed
The waiting game is a pain. Its been really really slow. If they were saying that, late september is the earliest ceremony. I dont think the approval will roll out either last week of june or july onwards. Jumanufer, do u think everything is fine with our application since we werent asked for any documents? Its going on 5 months now since i applied :( :?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:59 pm

pixie12 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:

The waiting game is a pain. Its been really really slow. If they were saying that, late september is the earliest ceremony. I dont think the approval will roll out either last week of june or july onwards. Jumanufer, do u think everything is fine with our application since we werent asked for any documents? Its going on 5 months now since i applied :( :?

I do not think there is any issue otherwise they would have asked for more information or documentation

Nevertheless let's dnt forget that the naturalisation is not a right by law but they give it if they wish. So far my understanding is that as long as we tick all boxes citizenship is granted. But that can change in future.

We just need to avoid thinking about this, which is not easy I know! And wait for them to decide

If I remember well you applied end of January as well, right?

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Helloo my friends here on this educative,supportive and encouraging forum! Jamunufer,Pixie12,Dublin777! How are u guys doing? Hope fine. I just decided to remain at the background for a while and be an observer participant bcos there is nothin much to say at this junction again than wait thru the pain ,agony,stress and uncertainty. Am so surprised to see pple who just submitted this January,February and March eagerly waiting for approval that is not in sight and not forth coming for some pple who have submitted Since September or earlier with no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside.My point is ,things has drastically changed ! That is the truth and a lot of unseen factors and influences are necessitating against the release and granting of approvals and citizenship now in Ireland wch we on the forum are not privy to. For the benefit of new members on this forum, I submitted in September and since January Ve bn on ADVANCE STAGE like they term it. Have got no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside. To my understanding there a lot of things going on there that we don't know. My advice for us all is too just chill,wait,pray and hope for the better. I wish everyone goodluck in our moments of trial and travails. May we pass our tests in Jesus precious name.Bye for now.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:Helloo my friends here on this educative,supportive and encouraging forum! Jamunufer,Pixie12,Dublin777! How are u guys doing? Hope fine. I just decided to remain at the background for a while and be an observer participant bcos there is nothin much to say at this junction again than wait thru the pain ,agony,stress and uncertainty. Am so surprised to see pple who just submitted this January,February and March eagerly waiting for approval that is not in sight and not forth coming for some pple who have submitted Since September or earlier with no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside.My point is ,things has drastically changed ! That is the truth and a lot of unseen factors and influences are necessitating against the release and granting of approvals and citizenship now in Ireland wch we on the forum are not privy to. For the benefit of new members on this forum, I submitted in September and since January Ve bn on ADVANCE STAGE like they term it. Have got no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside. To my understanding there a lot of things going on there that we don't know. My advice for us all is too just chill,wait,pray and hope for the better. I wish everyone goodluck in our moments of trial and travails. May we pass our tests in Jesus precious name.Bye for now.
Yep applied third week of january. It is tough to wait and we dont know whats really going on. And theres nothing much that we can do. But to WAIT.
To look at the brighter side atleast were all in the same boat. So it means its not a problem on our end. If they start sending out approvals and you didnt get anything after you've been told you were on the final stage. I think that is "a problem". Maybe they're sorting out too many application as Ive seen what the other member posted here that theres a surge of citizenship and passport application(read one article about this too).

Hey NINIOLA!! We miss u here!! You're so quiet lately. I know how hard it is to wait and to expect day by day. I just hope it happens really soon for us. If theres saying that october might be the next citizenship ceremony. I dont think they'll start approvals by june. Maybe it will be on july. New day again tomorrow. Lets hope for the best for the coming days and hopefully will have that approval in our hands soon.xx

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Pixie12 my friend,is not bn easy ,I must confess but there are times things are happening around u that u have no dominion or authority over it. All will can do is hope and wish for the better . We applied at the wrong time cos now things are muddle up. The Brexit they say makes application of passports and citizenship rise and even here in Ireland ,we don't know the criteria again of granting citizenship cos from the look of things,6 months timeframe is very very unrealistic again .So what else than to just do ur part and leave the rest to God and there are no ways ur can know the true ,genuine and authentic status of ur application. They kept copying and posting same msg to u if u email them. To be very very honest am feed up and unlucky to have applied at this time.Things are really not going on well and we as applicant can't figure it out so we can know Whr to ask questions bcos the authority dealing with ur are above us. Let's just kee our fingers crossed and keep hoping,the story will change very soon and our testimonies will locate us. Thanks so much for all ur support,encouragement and love. May the good Lord continue to hear us whenever we call unto Him.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:58 am

@ Niniola .Am fine ooo my bro .I also rang citizenship today, and the lady said my application is on the final stage. That they are waiting for my file to return back from the Minister . They just received my renewed GNIB CARD. looking forward to that.

God grant our request .Amen

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:36 am

dublin7777 wrote:@ Niniola .Am fine ooo my bro .I also rang citizenship today, and the lady said my application is on the final stage. That they are waiting for my file to return back from the Minister . They just received my renewed GNIB CARD. looking forward to that.
dublin7777, do you have to post them renewed GNIB card? or an e-mail would be enough?
I visited the INIS office on Burgh Quay, it's even worse than it used to be (or maybe I've forgotten).
I was told to get a reliable chance of getting a ticket for GNIB renewal I have to queue well before 8:00 AM. Will be a big logistic challenge with kids in school/creche

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:51 pm

The next Citizenship Ceremony will take place as follows:
Date: Monday 19 September 2016
Location: Convention Centre, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1
At the ceremony, candidates will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish Citizens. So far in 2016 Citizenship Ceremonies have been held on:
D13 wrote:
dublin7777 wrote:@ Niniola .Am fine ooo my bro .I also rang citizenship today, and the lady said my application is on the final stage. That they are waiting for my file to return back from the Minister . They just received my renewed GNIB CARD. looking forward to that.
dublin7777, do you have to post them renewed GNIB card? or an e-mail would be enough?
I visited the INIS office on Burgh Quay, it's even worse than it used to be (or maybe I've forgotten).
I was told to get a reliable chance of getting a ticket for GNIB renewal I have to queue well before 8:00 AM. Will be a big logistic challenge with kids in school/creche

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:06 pm

Waooooo. Hopefully approvals will start rolling out :). Get ready guys

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:55 pm

dublin7777 wrote:Waooooo. Hopefully approvals will start rolling out :). Get ready guys
Good evening friends! Dublin777,Jamanufer,Pixie12 !! The countdown has begin again. Let's fast,pray,hope,wish and blif that we won't miss the train this time. September 19th they say ,let's blif the approvals will start rolling in from this very moment. I pray that the good,merciful and loving God will send the post man to our various doors to deliver our approvals. Best of luck guys.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 pm

Amen.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:44 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:
dublin7777 wrote:Waooooo. Hopefully approvals will start rolling out :). Get ready guys
Good evening friends! Dublin777,Jamanufer,Pixie12 !! The countdown has begin again. Let's fast,pray,hope,wish and blif that we won't miss the train this time. September 19th they say ,let's blif the approvals will start rolling in from this very moment. I pray that the good,merciful and loving God will send the post man to our various doors to deliver our approvals. Best of luck guys.
I think approvals are now on the way at last!

Good luck to all of us!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:58 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:
Wowowow!! This is it guys!!! Atleast we already have a date!!! Hopefully were all be part of it. Just shocked coz i never thought they will announce the ceremony date before sending approvals. But this is some good news. Goodluck to everyone!!! Amen!!!

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:56 am

Good morning friends! Pixie12,Jamanufer,Dublin7777. Hope u had a good night . I just emailed Justice this morning after a long time and I asked specifically and categorically that Whn shd I expect a correspondence from them bcos Ve submitted over nine months now with no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside the state. They replied that my application is WELL IN ADVANCE stage and I shd hear from them btw 2/3 weeks from now. Thou no reliable to me but still will blif and start counting days. I will put the waiting time to 4/5 weeks :D so as not to raise my blood pressure. Just think I shd share this with u pals. :D :D

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:38 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:Good morning friends! Pixie12,Jamanufer,Dublin7777. Hope u had a good night . I just emailed Justice this morning after a long time and I asked specifically and categorically that Whn shd I expect a correspondence from them bcos Ve submitted over nine months now with no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside the state. They replied that my application is WELL IN ADVANCE stage and I shd hear from them btw 2/3 weeks from now. Thou no reliable to me but still will blif and start counting days. I will put the waiting time to 4/5 weeks :D so as not to raise my blood pressure. Just think I shd share this with u pals. :D :D
Good morning! It seems yours is decided already :-)

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:15 pm

jumanufer wrote:
NINIOLA69 wrote:Good morning friends! Pixie12,Jamanufer,Dublin7777. Hope u had a good night . I just emailed Justice this morning after a long time and I asked specifically and categorically that Whn shd I expect a correspondence from them bcos Ve submitted over nine months now with no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside the state. They replied that my application is WELL IN ADVANCE stage and I shd hear from them btw 2/3 weeks from now. Thou no reliable to me but still will blif and start counting days. I will put the waiting time to 4/5 weeks :D so as not to raise my blood pressure. Just think I shd share this with u pals. :D :D
Jamanufer!! U just too funny, :I can't stop laughing here,how do u know mine is decided already. Whn we have bn waiting for over nine months and besides can u trust their words?? No ,u can't but stylishly or by design we will still be hopeful. We are in the same boat bro. Don't worry the approvals are already sorted .............ur time is now :The time to favour Zion is now.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:23 pm

NINIOLA69, I've got the same reply by mail. My GNIB card is expiring in a week and a half, so if they are right about 2-3 weeks I'll have to queue early in the morning to pay €600 for myself and my wife, and then send those cards (hopefully).
Anyway, if anybody interested when the GNIB card is renewed you are allowed to email a scan of the new card instead of posting.
Just realized, 2-3 weeks from now - it's July, so 1st of July looks like the day X
Yes, the next Citizenship Ceremony is confirmed for 19/9/2016.

You should be hearing back from this office over the coming 2/3 weeks.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Divisio

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Niniola .I belive 2 to 3 weeks the lady told u is the time they will start issueing approval. Your application is very clear & straight.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:27 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:
Jamanufer!! U just too funny, :I can't stop laughing here,how do u know mine is decided already. Whn we have bn waiting for over nine months and besides can u trust their words?? No ,u can't but stylishly or by design we will still be hopeful. We are in the same boat bro. Don't worry the approvals are already sorted .............ur time is now :The time to favour Zion is now.

I'm ok I applied in January but hopefully will get it finalised this month. Yours? I dnt know why they didn't send it before since it seems yours is clean but your reward is coming. Hopefully we will all be next September 19th

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:30 pm

I rang Inis, the lady on phone told me that my application is on the final stage, that they are waiting for my file to be returned from the Minister . Guys what is final stage mean when file is still with the Minister? When will I likely to hear from Inis. Any advice thanks

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:36 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:
Hello NINIOLA, and to all my friends here. I decided to email them again today. And they said well advanced like what I got a few weeks back. I dont know if "advance stage" and "well advance" is kinda the same. We're all in the same stage(advance stage, well advanced, final stage) so probably we are the ones due for approvals.
I hope that 2/3 weeks is real already. Hopefully they keep their word this time. But I think its nearing the end as they already posted the ceremony date on their website. Maybe first week of july or end of june we will be able to hear from them.