ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to BRP(NTL)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Y85K
Newly Registered

ILR to BRP(NTL)

Post by Y85K » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Hello,

I have an indefinite leave to remain on my expired passport. My new passport does not have the ILR. Am I right in assuming that I need to apply for the BRP (NTL)?

Also, I did a biometric test at the UK embassy in Canada when I initially applied for my spousal visa. So would they have records of this from my previous test or would I need to do the biometric test again?

If I need to re-do the test, do I need to do a biometric test after sending in my application? And where can these be done? Will I receive a notification from home office telling me to do the biometric test?

Cost for BRP(NTL) is £308 does this include the biometric test?

Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR to BRP(NTL)

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:14 pm

If you are required to enroll your biometrics again (it is not a test), this is done once HO sends you a letter asking you to do it which will have a barcode on specific to you. Take the letter to the Post Office, pay the £19-20 fee and enroll them there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Y85K
Newly Registered

Post by Y85K » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:23 pm

CR001 wrote:If you are required to enroll your biometrics again (it is not a test), this is done once HO sends you a letter asking you to do it which will have a barcode on specific to you. Take the letter to the Post Office, pay the £19-20 fee and enroll them there.
Thanks Char!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the BRP (NTL)? I will need my passport in July to travel to Canada.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 pm

By post it can take a few weeks to a few months.

For an extra £500, you can apply in person for a same day process, see link below and 'NTL'.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-booking
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Y85K
Newly Registered

Post by Y85K » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Does the BRP (NTL) have an expiry date? Let's say I move to another country and live there for a few years, will I be able to come back to the UK with this BRP (NTL)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:49 pm

The BRP card expires after 10 years and has to be renewed. Just like a drivers licence.

If you leave the UK and move abroad for 2 or more years, ILR is automatically lost. Short visits to the UK does not maintain ILR status.

Suggest you apply for citizenship to avoid losing the right to live in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:58 am

Y85K wrote:I have an indefinite leave to remain on my expired passport. My new passport does not have the ILR. Am I right in assuming that I need to apply for the BRP (NTL)?
Perhaps not necessary. But as CR001 mentioned, ILR status may be lost if absent from the UK for more than 2 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RemiForeman
Newly Registered

Post by RemiForeman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:33 pm

hi everyone,

my NTL BRP is only valid for 10 years which means i would have to apply for a new one at the end, paid 308 quid.

my question, would i pay another £308(I am sure in 10 years the price will be significantly higher) to renew my brp.
thanks

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:58 pm

RemiForeman wrote:my question, would i pay another £308(I am sure in 10 years the price will be significantly higher) to renew my brp.
The current renewal fee is £56. Biometrics and postage of the application are extra.