ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible for ILR(10 year route) but my wife is not

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsat14
Newly Registered

Eligible for ILR(10 year route) but my wife is not

Post by arsat14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi guys,

I will be applying for ILR next month based on 10 year long lawful residency.
I am currently on Tier 2 general visa and wife is on dependant visa.
I will am eligible for ILR but my wife is not (she has been in the UK for only two years on tier 2 general dependant), what application form do I need to extend her visa after I switch to ILR? FLR(FP) FLR(M)?
I will be doing my ILR application by same day appointment and would like to send my wife's application the next day by post, but need to know what form I should use for her.
I have been reading on the UKBA website but it seems very confusing.

Thank in advance

Cheers

Arsat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligible for ILR(10 year route) but my wife is not

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:50 pm

FLR(M) if you meet the financial requirement and she meets the English requirement.

You do realise that this FLR(M) application will reset her clock to zero and she will be on a new 5 year route to ILR (2 X 2.5 year visas). She also has to pay the immigration health surcharge of £500 in addition to the visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arsat14
Newly Registered

Post by arsat14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks for your reply.

When I looked at FLR(M) it specifically says:
Family life as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (2 year route)
• Family life as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK (5 year route)
• Family life as the partner of a person with refugee leave or a person with
humanitarian protection (5 year route)

Whereas I am applying for ILR based on 10 year long residency, 10 year route is not included in FLR(M)

and yes I am aware that it will reset her clock.

What are the financial requirements?

Thanks again

Arsat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Whereas I am applying for ILR based on 10 year long residency, 10 year route is not included in FLR(M)
The 'xx route' does not apply to YOUR route. It is how long it will take your wife to get ILR, i.e. 5 year route.

She will be on a 5 year route on FLR(M) - 2 x 2.5 year visas.

If you have no children, you have to proved you earn £18,600pa for FLR(M) with 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arsat14
Newly Registered

Post by arsat14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Thats great, thanks for your reply,

We do have a child who was born in the UK, I will not apply for my child's extension as she was born in the UK and I can apply for her British passport when I get ILR.

For my wife, I remember you mentioned she has to show Elglish qualification? The system looks so confusing, where can I see all the requitements?

Cheers

Arsat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:12 pm

arsat14 wrote:Thats great, thanks for your reply,

We do have a child who was born in the UK, I will not apply for my child's extension as she was born in the UK and I can apply for her British passport when I get ILR. No you can't. Only a British Citizen can apply for a British passport, your child is not British. You will have to register the child as British on form MN1 (costs £936). Passport is a separate process. Until your child is British, the financial requirement for FLR(M) you need to meet is £22,400pa for your spouse's FLR(M).

For my wife, I remember you mentioned she has to show Elglish qualification? The system looks so confusing, where can I see all the requitements?

Cheers

Arsat
Dependent of ILR Long Residence Applicant on PBS Leave (click) contains links to various bits of info. She needs A1 English from an HO approved test provider.

FLR(M) Form (click)

FLR(M) Guidance Notes (click)

Don't forget the IHS fee of £500, she cannot submit her application if this has not been paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arsat14
Newly Registered

Post by arsat14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks,you have been very helpful

Yes, I do have salary greater than 23000 pa so that will not be an issue, thanks for that, yet I will have to register my child first, but I can do that any time I do not have to worry about my child being overstayer or something and I can apply for her any time when my wife and I have both sorted our visas.

Just one more quick question, what is difference between FLR(FP) and FLR(M), I cant seem to find a difference on why should I be using FLR(M) and not FLR(FP)?

Cheers

Arsat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:27 pm

FLR(M) - 5 year route to ILR - Must meet financial and English requirement.

FLR(FP) - 10 year route to ILR - must meet English requirement. This is used for people who do not meet the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arsat14
Newly Registered

Post by arsat14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:34 pm

thank you very mubh