ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 general -knowledge of language(set O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Tier-1 general -knowledge of language(set O)

Post by Truhislo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 am

I am going for ILR appointment in few days in Tier-1 general route.

In my initial and extension applications, PBS had my qualification and university listed in Naric database.So I submitted only original degree certificate but not any English knowledge proof.PBS is disabled now and as per latest SET O application, it sounds that either English language test or NARIC certficate is must to prove english knowledge.

Did anyone who was in same boat , got ILR without submitting any new proof of English language just for ILR but not in previous tier-1 general applications

knowledge of language section in Set o application :
4.3 Have you and/or your partner obtained the following to show that you have met the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement. You Your partner
Life in the UK test pass
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪ You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Many Thanks

bbvyas
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 general -knowledge of language(set O)

Post by bbvyas » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:19 am

Truhislo wrote:I am going for ILR appointment in few days in Tier-1 general route.

In my initial and extension applications, PBS had my qualification and university listed in Naric database.So I submitted only original degree certificate but not any English knowledge proof.PBS is disabled now and as per latest SET O application, it sounds that either English language test or NARIC certficate is must to prove english knowledge.

Did anyone who was in same boat , got ILR without submitting any new proof of English language just for ILR but not in previous tier-1 general applications

knowledge of language section in Set o application :
4.3 Have you and/or your partner obtained the following to show that you have met the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement. You Your partner
Life in the UK test pass
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪ You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Many Thanks
If you have study bachelor/Masters in UK than you don't need to prove knowledge of language.
You can get NARIC Visa and Nationality certificate within 10 working days so don't waste you time do it fast. Change you appointment date. if you are running out of your visa very soon than go for BLUE type of NARIC certificate withing 2 working days if you pay extra money (that is still valid as it is under transition period, but risk is still with this BLUE type of certificate). Best option is change your application date. Get letter from you home country University like Medium of instruction was English during study . This may help you but not sure.

vipulalways
Newly Registered

Post by vipulalways » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:41 pm

Would it be possible to use the non UK certificate which was approved by Home Office and given points for earlier, during Tier 1 application and extension. You can now claim that since it was already proved earlier that you meet English Language requirement during application of Tier 1.

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Post by c0ntract0r » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:22 pm

I got ILR approval on Monday , I used my bachelor's degree and certificate from university stating that the degree was taught in English, I used the same documents for my Tier1 General visa and extension.

vipulalways
Newly Registered

Post by vipulalways » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:36 pm

c0ntract0r wrote:I got ILR approval on Monday , I used my bachelor's degree and certificate from university stating that the degree was taught in English, I used the same documents for my Tier1 General visa and extension.
Hi Contractor, thanks. Your bachelor's degree was from where - from non-UK university?
Did not need to show NARIC certificate?

c0ntract0r
Newly Registered

Post by c0ntract0r » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:40 pm

vipulalways wrote: Hi Contractor, thanks. Your bachelor's degree was from where - from non-UK university?
Did not need to show NARIC certificate?
yes , my degree was from non-UK University , did not show any NARIC certificate for either the original issue of Tier1 (G) or the extension and ILR.

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Post by Truhislo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Thanks all for response.

Contractor, thats really good for you. Could you tell what have you filled in section 4.3 then

Thanks

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Post by Truhislo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks Vyas.

I had taken test from Trinity. it was very simple