ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaheeruk

Options

Post by zaheeruk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi All

I need some help. I applied for my son's MN1 form in April. Biometrics was done in May. Still no information when the naturalizatio will be done.

My son needs to travel to India on July 21st a his mom needs soe medical attention. My question if I get his naturalization close to the travel date and maybe still get a british passport(fast track in a week), what options are there for him to travel. His previous visa is no longer valid. I'm not sure if I will have enough time to apply for passport surrender

1kiril
BANNED

Re: Options

Post by 1kiril » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:43 pm

You can't fast track your first British passport. It takes up to 3 weeks to get it done.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:50 pm

There is 1 week fast track service. Just checked on passport site

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 pm

zaheeruk wrote:There is 1 week fast track service. Just checked on passport site
Correct. The fee is £87
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:09 pm

1kiril wrote:You can't fast track your first British passport. It takes up to 3 weeks to get it done.
Fastrack is NOT available for first adult passports only. Children passports can use the fast track service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 am

So what options do I have for my sons travel. I have heard that there is a grace period of 3 months that he can travel on Indian passport but is it really true. If so, what is the process

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:47 am

zaheeruk wrote:So what options do I have for my sons travel. I have heard that there is a grace period of 3 months that he can travel on Indian passport but is it really true. If so, what is the process
Yes it is true, the 3 months starts from the date on the registration certificate. How will he re-enter the UK if his visa has expired and he won't have a BC passport??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:54 am

Are yu sayig if he has a BC passport and within 3 month grace , he can travel back and forth

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:08 pm

Indian citizens have a 3 months grace period to travel on Indian passport without incurring penalties. The date the 3 month period starts is from the date on the BC registration/naturalisation certificate and not the date the passport is issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:38 pm

@Cr001: Thanks for teh reply. So ideally what I need to do is get the certificate and appy for BC passport and then once he is back , then apply for passport surrender. Any idea what else we need to carry so that there is no issue during travel.