ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice English language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimchic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Need advice English language requirement

Post by zimchic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:27 pm

I apologise if this topic has been brought up before, however my circumstance is slightly different.I applied for naturalisation in April 2016 and submitted all original documents, AN form and realised that I made a mistake a week ago and did not submit enough documentation for the English language requirement (I only submitted LIUK document) on the AN form I ticked that I satisfied the English language as I obtained ILR after October 2013. I'm panicking at the moment and realised my mistake so I'm expecting either a refusal or letter from HO stating I should submit B1 document, I have no problems taking the test and have checked timescales are not so bad and can get one within 7 days.My problem is I submitted all my original documents :x :cry: and don't have anything to submit at the test centre as they require an ID (I know not the brightest of things to do)

My question is has anyone been in a similar situation ? If so did HO realise the mistake and provide the original ID in order to take the test?
What timscale do HO give you to submit B1 etc ?
Last week I filled in an online form requesting my ID back from HO and they said 10 working days still nothing.
Anyone know how long it actually takes to get documents back and what number they used to call and chase it up?

I'm so scared of losing my £1236 as I work so hard to raise the money and I'm sure many people on here do and understand my situation.I have made a stupid mistake of not using NCS however to late now. Some advise will be greatly appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need advice English language requirement

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:38 pm

What English did you submit with your ILR application?

Be careful that requesting your passport back does not invalidate your application or cause it to be 'withdrawn'.

If HO wanted you to submit an English test cert, they would have written to you asking you to provide evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimchic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by zimchic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Thanks for your quick response

I submitted LIUK certificate only with ILR based on being exempt through discretionary leave.

On the online form requesting documents I ticked the not withdrawing application box and explained in the comment box that I needed my ID only and not the other documents.

Do you suggest I should just wait it out and see if they will write to me? I'm more worried about the timescale they give to submit the documents and me not having any ID to take the test

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Yes, you will need to do an English test as you are not from an exempt country.

How did you miss this mandatory requirement on the form and in the guidance notes?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimchic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by zimchic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:09 pm

The rules are constantly changing and so easy to get confused.The AN guide is not clear in some sections and I thought LIUK would have been fine then realised when I already submitted my application. :shock: :x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:25 pm

The English requirement has been in place for a few years now, nothing has changed there and for citizenship, the rules don't change as often as for visas.

All you can do now is wait for your documents and do a test and hope this works out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimchic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by zimchic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks, will update you on how I get on, it's all a waiting game

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi today I called home office they said if u get ur ilr after October 2013 u don't need to do it agin u just tick......I met the knowledge of language and life req to qualify for Seattle,Ent on or after 28th oct 2013 ,,,,
Because i m applying and I did b1 from pioneer college and get trinity certificate
......can u plz inbox m ur num

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm

And zim have u don b1 in ur ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:07 pm

iffi786 wrote:Hi today I called home office they said if u get ur ilr after October 2013 u don't need to do it agin u just tick......I met the knowledge of language and life req to qualify for Seattle,Ent on or after 28th oct 2013 ,,,,
Because i m applying and I did b1 from pioneer college and get trinity certificate
The OP got ILR via the DLR route, English test was not required for ILR through this route so the OP has not 'met the requirements'. Please read the thread, this has been mentioned already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:10 pm

iffi786 wrote:......can u plz inbox m ur num
OP does not have access to the PM function as only has 9 posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimchic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by zimchic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
iffi786 wrote:Hi today I called home office they said if u get ur ilr after October 2013 u don't need to do it agin u just tick......I met the knowledge of language and life req to qualify for Seattle,Ent on or after 28th oct 2013 ,,,,
The OP got ILR via the DLR route, English test was not required for ILR through this route so the OP has not 'met the requirements'. Please read the thread, this has been mentioned already.

That's true, I only did the LIfe on the UK test when I applied for ILR in 2015 ( even though I was exempt due to DLR), however I'm now applying for naturalisation and need both LIUK and B1

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Cr001
In my case I need to do it again and just tick that option on Or after oct 2013 got ilr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:41 pm

iffi786 wrote:Cr001
In my case I need to do it again and just tick that option on Or after oct 2013 got ilr
Please start your own thread/topic if you have questions, zimchic's circumstances are different to yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimchic
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by zimchic » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:21 am

Just an update for those who are worried about requesting docs back from HO without withdrawing their application. I received mine 9 days after requesting them and a letter stating that they may request them back and will write to me to let me know once they start working on my application.So they do send them back within 10days from request. It's a major relief and have now booked my B1 test this week wish me luck and thanks for all the advice.