ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP/HSMP query-urgent help please...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chetanamale@gmail.com

WP/HSMP query-urgent help please...

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi all :

I have applied for HSMP and waiting for results.My current employer is ready to move me to UK on long term assignment ( With the option of filing work permit for me).

1) Can i have both WP and HSMP/EC stamped on my passport ?
2) What are the issues for getting my EC done from UK, if i have HSMP approved and my employer asked me to move to UK on WP in between.
3) Say i have done my EC in India and gone to UK on WP with my current employer, at the immigration what will be taken in to account that I'm moving under HSMP programme or my WP ?
4)After i move to UK on WP and wanted to switch to another employer on HSMP can i do it ? Will this start my time line for FLR(HSMP) ?

thanks,
chetan.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: WP/HSMP query-urgent help please...

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:01 pm

chetanamale@gmail.com wrote:Hi all :
1) Can i have both WP and HSMP/EC stamped on my passport ?
No.
2) What are the issues for getting my EC done from UK, if i have HSMP approved and my employer asked me to move to UK on WP in between.
No issues, you need to apply for FLR before validity of your HSMP approval is there.
3) Say i have done my EC in India and gone to UK on WP with my current employer, at the immigration what will be taken in to account that I'm moving under HSMP programme or my WP ?
It depend on which visa you get before going to UK. Only one type of visa will be valid at a time.
4)After i move to UK on WP and wanted to switch to another employer on HSMP can i do it ? Will this start my time line for FLR(HSMP) ?
- You need to apply for FLR - HSMP first , then appy to other employer.