ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***EEA permament resident holder less then 12 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Savi123
Newly Registered

***EEA permament resident holder less then 12 months

Post by Savi123 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi, I have been living in UK since 2007 till now 2016, I applied for PR card this year only and I received my PR on 09-June-2016. Do I need to wait 12months now before I can apply for AN application of Naturalisation or I can apply now straight away without 12 months waiting ? :roll:

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: ***EEA permament resident holder less then 12 months

Post by Richard W » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:24 pm

The usual advice is to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) to find out when the Home Office believes you acquired permanent residence. It may even be possible for the Nationality Checking Service to find out, but this does not appear to be a regular occurrence. You should be able to apply now (provided you have the other certificates), but you run the risk of losing your application fee because it is held that you in fact have only recently acquired permanent residence, rather than in 2012 as seems most probable from what you have just written.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Savi123 wrote:Hi, I have been living in UK since 2007 till now 2016, I applied for PR card this year only and I received my PR on 09-June-2016. Do I need to wait 12months now before I can apply for AN application of Naturalisation or I can apply now straight away without 12 months waiting ? :roll:
Do you have a British spouse?
When do you think you acquired PR? (which qualifying period did you focus on in your application, if any)?

If any doubts, apply via NCS then you only risk NCS (and not full AN fee) if you apply too early. (Ie you get a chance to cancel your application).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:19 pm

NCS told me that in this case they will contact HO and ask about your time in UK and if they can write actual date when you received your PR. Just go for it and book NCS or speak with they via phone.

potojr
Newly Registered

Post by potojr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:55 pm

No, you don't.
In my case, the NCS lady called HO quoting my DCPR number and found out the date i acquired permanent residency at. Just bear in mind not all NCS offices do this and some (Lewisham in East London, for example) will tell you you need to wait a year from the date of your DCPR.