ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Countersignature- British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marksha
Newly Registered

Countersignature- British passport

Post by marksha » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:53 am

Dear All,

I am about to send British passport application for myself and my daughter ( 2and half years old)

01)

My query is about section 09 and section 10.

For myself: Company is willing to fill both section 09 and section 10
For my daughter: Could the same person sign in and fill in both section 09 and section 10?

02)

On the back of my daughter's passport photo what should we fill other than following words

I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE LIKENESS OF MISS.xxxx
Signature - XXXX
Date - XXXXXXXXX

your response would be appreciated

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Countersignature- British passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 am

Have you read the guidance booklet? It is quick detailed and clear on what the requirements are.

You have to complete section 9. What do you mean 'company willing to complete section 9 & 10'? What type of company??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:26 am

Dear Admin

Thanks for your responses and apologise that my earlier response was not clear I suppose

Currently, I am working in internationals company ( working for 3 years) and my director has signed as reference for my Naturalisation application about 2 months back.

Yes, indeed I have read the booklet and here is my understanding:

For my application -

As an adult I don't need to fill the section 09 in the passport application form and my company director will fill the section 10 under countersignature

My understanding is that my company director ( who is professional engineer) Is eligible to fill both section 09 and section 10 for my daughter's first British passport application - Am i correct????

Hope I am clear by this time and seeking advice

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:48 am

As an adult I don't need to fill the section 09 in the passport application form and my company director will fill the section 10 under countersignature

My understanding is that my company director ( who is professional engineer) Is eligible to fill both section 09 and section 10 for my daughter's first British passport application - Am i correct????
Your understanding is incorrect. Suggest read page 3 - 'Sections to Fill in' of the guidance booklet again for first passport applications.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssport.pdf

YOU as the applicant have to complete and fill in Section 9 for YOUR passport application.

For your child YOU have to complete Section 9 as the PARENT not the company.

Counter signatory ONLY completes and signs Section 10 and the photo bit.

Does the counter signatory personally know your child? How old is the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.