ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does dependent need to apply at the same time?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avi

Does dependent need to apply at the same time?

Post by avi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Dear Gurus/experts and friends,

Perhaps this might have been answered all ready in the forum and i apologise for asking again.
I am planning to apply for my ILR later this year on 5 years tier 2 basis. My question is do i need to apply for my wife at the same time as well? She is on dependent visa from my previous job on Tier 2 and her visa is valid till July 2017 at the moment. When i changed my employment last year i didn't apply for her, as her visa was still valid till 2017.

Can i do the same this time with my ILR i.e just apply for my self and extend her leave closer to July 2017 next year?

Thanks in advance.

Avi

vinny

Re: Does dependent need to apply at the same time?

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

avi

Re: Does dependent need to apply at the same time?

Post by avi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Thanks a lot Vinny for the quick response. Much appreciated as always.

Avi