ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Accomodation Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AK83
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Accomodation Query

Post by AK83 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:39 am

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all doing well. I had a query about accomodation requirements before applying for my Would-be Wife's visa in a couple of months time. Hopefully it's quite a straight forward one.

I'm currently living in the UK (with ILR) in a 2 bedroom flat with a flat. The tenancy agreement is in both our names. I'm getting married in August of this year in India and would be applying for the spouse visa straight after the marriage. On the date for my wife to travel to UK, we plan to enter 5th Sept. Before I leave for India towards the end of July, I've already started to look for a different flat (2 bedroom again) which I would sign the agreement for before I leave.

My question is if it would be okay for me to start the term of the tenancy around 15-20 August? I want to do this so I don't have to pay the full month's rent while I'm not here.
In terms of documentation, I would only be able to show the Rent Agreement (for both myself and my wife then), and perhaps a letter from the estate agency stating that is a 2 bedroom flat and I'll be legally allowed to stay there post 15th Aug (so prior to my wife coming over).

While I personally think this should be okay, I just wanted to a sanity check?
Or should I really be looking to get the rented flat sooner and get council tax copy along with a utility bill, etc?

Thanks alot.

-AK

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Spouse Visa Accomodation Query

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:02 am

Its recommended to have council tax and utility bills(gas, water, electrcity etc) on your name along with tenancy agreement. Letter from landlord is optional But its good to provide as much document as possible for peace of mind and for creating less doubts in mind of ECO who are looking for excuses to refuse application these days

AK83
Newly Registered

Post by AK83 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks ILR1980. Utility bills will be nearly impossible for me since i move in so late.

i'll get a letter from the landlord and estate agent along with photos of the house. I can also take documents about my current accomodation just in case.

Thanks again.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:03 pm

AK83 wrote:Thanks ILR1980. Utility bills will be nearly impossible for me since i move in so late.

i'll get a letter from the landlord and estate agent along with photos of the house. I can also take documents about my current accomodation just in case.

Thanks again.
Council tax bill is very important accommodation document along with tenancy agreement. You can request statement as soon as you move in. I managed to got all utility bills within two weeks time so if you wanna take risk of just sending photo and tenancy agreement then well up to you and ECO

AK83
Newly Registered

Post by AK83 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:26 am

Hey, I completely understand what you meant. Let me explain my situation once. I am going to india end of July and will get married in the 1st week of August itself and look to apply for my spouse's visa towards the middle of August. So essentially, I would only move in the house in Sept when i return from India.

The contract for the new house I sign will indicate that my tenancy only begins in the middle of the August (round about the time I would be applying for her visa). So even if I ask for the council tax bill, I wouldn't be in the UK to collect it and if we get an early appointment, we may already have applied for her visa by then as well.

I was banking on the fact that since we're only requesting for her Visa start day in Sept by which my tenancy would have started in the new house, I felt it would be acceptable. But now I'm thinking otherwise.