ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sams4u29
India

Tier 2 Extension questions

Post by sams4u29 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I am due for an Tier 2 (General)extension end of this year & I was filling the form to extend the Visa & have the below questions, Can someone please respond:

1)I have proved my English requirement(Masters Degree in UK) when I first applied 3 years ago with UKBA, should I resend the Certificate again for extending the Tier 2 visa?
2)My Sponsor did not certify the fund Maintenance in the COS last time(3 years ago) but, did certify the Fund maintenance this time(with the new COS) should I still submit the Bank statements again?

Many Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Extension questions

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:14 pm

you do not need to show english language skill or maintenance with extension application.

sams4u29
India

Post by sams4u29 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Many Thanks for the quick response,

I have been first granted Tier 2 (general) from Sep 2012 to November 2015, I am now extending again for another 3 years at the end of October upto what date can I expect the Tier 2 Extension dated till?
will it be re granted until Sep 2018 as that will complete the 6 years term or will I be given extension for more months.

I am aware that after 2 years from now if I meet the salary requirements I can apply for ILR (5 yrs term based on the current rules) but, I must meet the salary requirements which is the reason for my question.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:34 pm

max duration will be to make your stay 6 years from the start date on the initial visa.

hasfa.yasir
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by hasfa.yasir » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:49 am

HI All,

I am going to apply with my dependents for my extension in couple of weeks time. wondering If I need to show maintenance for my dependents? also, Do i need to include marriage certificate of my dependent spouse in my application for extension?

looking forward to hear a reply from you.many thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:24 am

you dont need to show maintenance if your dependents apply with u .
If they apply later, then they will need it.
marriage certificate is not required, but no hard attaching it.

hasfa.yasir
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by hasfa.yasir » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:12 pm

iworker wrote:you dont need to show maintenance if your dependents apply with u .
If they apply later, then they will need it.
marriage certificate is not required, but no hard attaching it.
Thanks Iworker, much appreciated :)

kenrickng
Newly Registered

Post by kenrickng » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Dear all,

I am currently a Tier 2 (General) Sponsored doctor in the UK, and have got a CoS extension for the next four years. I will be applying via the Premium Service (painfully expensive but I need my passport!)

My questions are:

(a) TB Screening

I am applying from within the UK, and have been in the UK for close to 10 years now. Is there any need for a TB certificate?

(b) Maintenance Funding

My employer has not specified maintenance funding, so I suspect I will need bank statements from the past 3 months to prove maintenace funding of 945 pounds?

(c) Required documents

So far, my summary letter has only requested my passport, current BRP and passport photographs. I will also bring bank statements, or at least a letter from my bank. Is there anything else if I am a Malaysian applying from within the UK? (Hopefully this TB thing is not necessary!)

Thank you.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:42 am

kenrickng wrote:Dear all,

I am currently a Tier 2 (General) Sponsored doctor in the UK, and have got a CoS extension for the next four years. I will be applying via the Premium Service (painfully expensive but I need my passport!)

My questions are:

(a) TB Screening

I am applying from within the UK, and have been in the UK for close to 10 years now. Is there any need for a TB certificate?
Not required

(b) Maintenance Funding

My employer has not specified maintenance funding, so I suspect I will need bank statements from the past 3 months to prove maintenace funding of 945 pounds?
Not required, but if you have a bank statement as per requirement then you can send them with your documents

(c) Required documents

So far, my summary letter has only requested my passport, current BRP and passport photographs. I will also bring bank statements, or at least a letter from my bank. Is there anything else if I am a Malaysian applying from within the UK? (Hopefully this TB thing is not necessary!)
See my Following Details

Thank you.

I've recently applied for Tier 2 extension , and I have send all the mandatory documents which are mention in Check-list ( when you submit the application we can download that with our application ).
Mandatory Documents : all should be Original
1 . passport or travel document for Main Applicant and for all dependents ( if applying at the same time.
2 . The biometric residence permit for Main applicant and dependent ( if issue in previous leave ).
3. A passport photo for Main Applicant and dependent ( they didn't mention but I've send 2 for all). Remember :On the back of your passport photograph, please provide your full name
4. Document Check List
5. On-line Submitted application Print out ( IHS reference number was mention on it and also payment record was there ) so no need to mention IHS Refenerence number again .

Additional Documents : ( Not mandatory but send with my application )
6. Last 3 months payslip
7. last 91 days bank statement.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 am

a. no
b. no, no maintenance is required for extension of tier 2.
c. no other doc required.

bali0286
Newly Registered

Post by bali0286 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 am

iworker wrote:max duration will be to make your stay 6 years from the start date on the initial visa.
Dear iworker, I have a question you may be able to assist with, My tier 2 General is due to expire at the end 2016. i have been on tier 2 for 3 year by the end of the year, but my total stay in the country from feb 2010 including my studen visa, PSW and now tier 2 exceeds 6 year.

Now the confusion i have is is the 6 year limit on tier 2 or it on the total stay. please assist.

Thank you

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:32 am

Dear iworker, I have a question you may be able to assist with, My tier 2 General is due to expire at the end 2016. i have been on tier 2 for 3 year by the end of the year, but my total stay in the country from feb 2010 including my studen visa, PSW and now tier 2 exceeds 6 year.

Now the confusion i have is is the 6 year limit on tier 2 or it on the total stay. please assist.

Thank you
Hi Bali0286,

The 6 year limit is on Tier 2 visa only. Other visa (PSW, student etc) will not be counted towards this three years limit.

You can extend your Tier 2 visa for further three years to make altogether duration of 6 years.

Thanks,
Hassan

bali0286
Newly Registered

Post by bali0286 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Dear Hassan,

Thank you very much for clarifying that, much appreciated.
Do you have by any chance any link to the .gov site where i can find these details, so i can forward them to my HR team.

Many thanks
Balram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tckraju
United Kingdom

Post by tckraju » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 pm