ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Scotkaz
United Kingdom

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by Scotkaz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:46 am

I was reading posts in this thread from 2015. Summarising the problem it looks like the people called for an interview are self-employed who fully or partly claimed points on their self-employment earnings, most of them are on Tier 1 General route. I've never seen anybody called for an interview being PAYE salaried.

Firstly what HO tries to establish is whether the self-employed business is genuine. I've seen posts where people were asked - what is your turnover, P&L account, balance sheets, give me the list of your five top clients, can we ask for references from them, why your turnover was 50K last year but you have only 2k in your account, where is your office, why are you based in a specific location, why there are fluctuation in your turnover on a year-to-year basis, some people were asked why three years ago you have not been self-employed, but you became self employed in the last couple of years, how can you cope being employed as a staff and plus being self-employed simultaneously, this is extremely difficult... You get the taste.

Secondly a number of people had some problems filing the tax returns / SA for up to five years backwards. Wrong figures, late filing, inconsistencies in the tax form with the ILR application. In one case I've seen that HO cannot contact HMRC, instead asking the applicant to source information from HMRC and feed back to HO. Once I've seen somebody complained that they amended their tax forms, but it took HMRC several weeks to update their database and HO did not see that...

Some people's applications I've seen been refused. But people do not give up, they go through the appeal process. Some go to the judicial review. Well I do believe in this great country the judicial process is fair, much better than in my previous country...
ILR2015-2016 wrote:
winnter_summer wrote:Just wondering any body in here has been to the interview? what sort of questions they ask? Has anybody unsuccessful after the interview. why only few people been asked to go to an interview. Have they asked any tax questions?I am very tense these days. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
There are many applicants called for interview now a days. You can search for postal interview threads in the forum. There are couple of them who has shared their experience and the questions. Questions will be based on your previous applications and current applications self employment claimed and questions related to any tax amendments done. Do you have any tax amendments issue?

Scotkaz
United Kingdom

Post by Scotkaz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 am

Hi guys,

Good news, 20 mins ago my wife called me - we received our documents back by post with the approval letter saying the BRP will be issued later (7 days??). Letter was issued two days ago on 14.06.2016.

My timeline

Post application: SET (O) Tier 1 (General) - (2+3= 5 years)

Main applicant + 3 dependants (wife + 2 children, my elder son is 16 y.o. - some extra docs required)

Date of application sent by post: 12/01/2016
Payment taken: 19/01/2015
Biometrics / acknowledgement letter issued: 23/01/2016
Biometrics / acknowledgement letter received: 26/01/2016
Biometrics done: 02/02/2016
E-mails: Never received.

In the middle of Feb my wife's employer requested her to provide evidence of her immigration status. So we provided the copies of acknowledgement / biometrics letter, initial Royal Mail receipts, the HO reference number for her, the leaflet from the HO saying that during the process of application consideration her Tier 1(G) dependant status remains - in a week or two the employer said they are happy (don't know what it meant - may be they contacted the Home Office and were satisfied, or they simply accepted our papers)

Made two phone calls to the Home Office line in early June - did not help, they do not provide any info because I am still within the 6-month period, never even asked for my reference number.

Approval letter sent : 14/06/2016
Approval letter received : 16/06/2016
BRP received - still waiting

PAYE salaried, no solicitor (this is up to you, if your case is complicated, you decide, I think if you have self-employment earnings to make points - may be).

Don't forget to put a pre-paid Special Delivery bag with your home address - this helps.

To be honest it was a hell last 5 months waiting. Comparatively in 2015 (from the posts in this thread) the average time was much shorter - 100-120 days. I don't understand what they did these last 5 months - my case was straightforward with very detailed 15-pages explanatory letter.

Don't go to PEO / premium service - you lose extra £500 per person. Don't upgrade to premium service in the middle - extra £400-500 per person, just wait. Don't book any travel / holidays for 6 months. Travel within UK was fine - I was flying Flybe on my driving license.

Oh God, I love this country.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Congratulations grampkaz

I hope that this entails atleast some response for some of us still waiting. Thanks for the update

grampkaz wrote:Hi guys,

Good news, 20 mins ago my wife called me - we received our documents back by post with the approval letter saying the BRP will be issued later (7 days??). Letter was issued two days ago on 14.06.2016.

My timeline

Post application: SET (O) Tier 1 (General) - (2+3= 5 years)

Main applicant + 3 dependants (wife + 2 children, my elder son is 16 y.o. - some extra docs required)

In the middle of Feb my wife's employer requested her to provide evidence of her immigration status. So we provided the copies of acknowledgement / biometrics letter, initial Royal Mail receipts, the HO reference number for her, the leaflet from the HO saying that during the process of application consideration her Tier 1(G) dependant status remains - in a week or two the employer said they are happy (don't know what it meant - may be they contacted the Home Office and were satisfied, or they simply accepted our papers)

Made two phone calls to the Home Office line in early June - did not help, they do not provide any info because I am still within the 6-month period, never even asked for my reference number.

BRP received - still waiting

PAYE salaried, no solicitor (this is up to you, if your case is complicated, you decide, I think if you have self-employment earnings to make points - may be).

Don't forget to put a pre-paid Special Delivery bag with your home address - this helps.

To be honest it was a hell last 5 months waiting. Comparatively in 2015 (from the posts in this thread) the average time was much shorter - 100-120 days. I don't understand what they did these last 5 months - my case was straightforward with very detailed 15-pages explanatory letter.

Don't go to PEO / premium service - you lose extra £500 per person. Don't upgrade to premium service in the middle - extra £400-500 per person, just wait. Don't book any travel / holidays for 6 months. Travel within UK was fine - I was flying Flybe on my driving license.

Oh God, I love this country.

Scotkaz
United Kingdom

Post by Scotkaz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:30 pm

The funny thing is the BRPs have been delivered just now (separate delivery)

BRP received : 16/06/2016

Thanks a lot for support from all of you on this thread

Guys, speak to you next year when we'll be applying for the citizenship...

Shawnmirza

Post by Shawnmirza » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:40 pm

grampkaz wrote:The funny thing is the BRPs have been delivered just now (separate delivery)

Good news for you my friend. Am really happy for you. I have applied on the 1st of Feb so lets see when mine turns up. I m sure there will be many like me checking this thread over and over again : )

aakhan17

Post by aakhan17 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Shawnmirza wrote:
grampkaz wrote:The funny thing is the BRPs have been delivered just now (separate delivery)

Good news for you my friend. Am really happy for you. I have applied on the 1st of Feb so lets see when mine turns up. I m sure there will be many like me checking this thread over and over again : )
yes seems like HO been reactive now, I sent on 26-Feb let see when number ;)

Raz1810
Newly Registered

Post by Raz1810 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Many many Congratulation
Atleast you get rid from every day stress.
InshAaALLAH we all will get good news very soon..

qu1ote="grampkaz"]The funny thing is the BRPs have been delivered just now (separate delivery)

Guys, speak to you next year when we'll be applying for the citizenship...[/quote]

sergeyp
Newly Registered

Post by sergeyp » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Great news that there's some progress from HO at least for someone!

Looking forward to seeing more news from February guys (I sent my application on 06.02.2016)

winnter_summer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by winnter_summer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:29 pm

ILR2015-2016 wrote:
winnter_summer wrote:Hi All,

I applied for ILR on 26/11/2015.
Received the Bio-metrics letter on 02/12/15.
Bio-metrics given on 06/12/15.
Interview letter received on 16/05/2016.
Interview date : 24/06/2016.
Income- employment + self employee

Just wondering any body in here has been to the interview? what sort of questions they ask? Has anybody unsuccessful after the interview. why only few people been asked to go to an interview. Have they asked any tax questions?I am very tense these days. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
There are many applicants called for interview now a days. You can search for postal interview threads in the forum. There are couple of them who has shared their experience and the questions. Questions will be based on your previous applications and current applications self employment claimed and questions related to any tax amendments done. Do you have any tax amendments issue?
Hi, Thanks for the reply. The year I did the extension I shown 10k from self employment. But paid tax for 8k as had some extra expenses end of the year. Will it be a problem? that's the only issue I can think of.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:34 pm

winnter_summer wrote:
ILR2015-2016 wrote:

Just wondering any body in here has been to the interview? what sort of questions they ask? Has anybody unsuccessful after the interview. why only few people been asked to go to an interview. Have they asked any tax questions?I am very tense these days. Thanks in advance.

I don't think that should be a problem. Did you claim any self employment in this application ?

Hi,
Hi, Thanks for the reply. The year I did the extension I shown 10k from self employment. But paid tax for 8k as had some extra expenses end of the year. Will it be a problem? that's the only issue I can think of.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:46 am

Update

I recieved a letter from home office letter dated 13th June 2016
Saying about the delay and also in the same letter mentioning about interview and they will let me know about the time date etc ! The letter is from Sheffield

Application date 15 Jan 2016
Biometrics 1st week Feb
No communication until now !

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:51 am

Hi Inoka

Have you got a date yet for the interview

My application us on the same timeline as yours and I've got a letter from Sheffield ho too

Any approx time for the interview timeline

Thanks

quote="inoka"]Hi all,

Just want to share my application status here since you are wondering what's going on.

I applied for ILR under Tier 1 (General). Made a SET (O) postal application on 15th Jan. I have been receiving email notifications every month. My solicitor has received a letter from the HO in Sheffield that they want to interview me. I'm waiting to hear the dates.

A little about my application:
Single applicant
Original application - income from self-emplyment + employment
Extension - income from self-emplyment + employment
ILR - income from employment

I also qualified for 10 year long stay but chosen to go under Tier 1 :)[/quote]

ARM123
Newly Registered

Post by ARM123 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:53 am

My timeline for ILR on Tier 1 General with 3 dependent:

Application by post: 07/06/2016
Fee paid by debit card: 10/06/2016
Biometric enrolment letter dated 12/06/2016 received on: 16/06/2016
Biometric enrolment done: 16/06/2016
ILR approval letter: waiting
BRP received: waiting

kittu09
Newly Registered

Post by kittu09 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:21 am

Set(O) Application Posted Date: 07/06/16
HO received date: 08/06/16
payment date: 09/06/16
biometric letter date: 12/06/16
Biometric letter Received Date: 14/06/2016
Biometric Submitted Date: 16/06/16

Scotkaz
United Kingdom

Post by Scotkaz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:24 am

Hi everbody,

I am unsubscribing from this topic, i.e not following any messages. If you want to contact me - send Private Message.

Last thing - our case was dealt in Sheffield

Raz1810
Newly Registered

Post by Raz1810 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi All
This is very strange thing that HO calling interviews now most of the people even people included did not use self employment in ILR application.
Ilr application based on paye
But ho wanted to check previous extension based earning from self employment.

Raz1810
Newly Registered

Post by Raz1810 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi mate
Could you please share as you said your self employment was 10k but you paid tax 8k
Did you paid tax according to your threshold amount or it was below threshold after excluding expenses thats the main thing.
If you paid tax equal or above your threshold amount than you dont need to worry.

winnter_summer wrote:
ILR2015-2016 wrote:

Hi,

SetO guy

Post by SetO guy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi All,

Please could you point me where the interview thread is. I just want to read the experiences of those people.

Apologies for post here..

Chirag26
Newly Registered

Post by Chirag26 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi All,

I also applied for ILR on 22 December 2015 and completed Bio matric on 9 January 2016. I have today received an email from Home Office to attend an interview on 8 July 2016. I also shown income as emplyment + self employement. I applied for tax amemndent for 2011-12 and 202-13, which HMRC recenlty updated on their records. I have also paid this amended tax few weeks ago. Just two weeks ago i sent receipt of this tax amendment to UKBA.

Has anyone here attended interview before and what questions do they ask in interview?

Winter_summer can you please share your interviewe experiance afer 24th June and best luck for interview.

Anyone else please let me know if you can help. [/quote]

Thanks

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Chirag26 wrote:

Hi All,

I also applied for ILR on 22 December 2015 and completed Bio matric on 9 January 2016. I have today received an email from Home Office to attend an interview on 8 July 2016. I also shown income as emplyment + self employement. I applied for tax amemndent for 2011-12 and 202-13, which HMRC recenlty updated on their records. I have also paid this amended tax few weeks ago. Just two weeks ago i sent receipt of this tax amendment to UKBA.

Has anyone here attended interview before and what questions do they ask in interview?

Winter_summer can you please share your interviewe experiance afer 24th June and best luck for interview.

Anyone else please let me know if you can help.
Thanks[/quote]

At the moment self employed ppl are called for interview. Did you keep any amendment letter in your file while applying in December? Also wat income did you amended? Wat was the difference in the amount?

zxof
Newly Registered

Post by zxof » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:49 am

Hi all,

Just an update:

Applied for ILR Set(O) - Tier 1 General route.
I was a permie since arrival in UK then working as contractor (director of my own limited company in the past 2 years).

Application sent (23.04.2016)
Biometric done (03.05.2016)
Requested premium upgrade (13.06.2016)
Contacted by HO to confirm payment (15.06.2016)
Received email "decision has been made" (16.06.2016)
Received approval letter and documents (18.06.2016)
Waiting for BRP

sevenfoots
Newly Registered

Post by sevenfoots » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:37 am

My moral spirit went down and I decided to upgrade to postal premium, and J400 made a huge difference.

Applied 15/01/16
Upgraded to premium service 13/06/2016 (8am)
Recieved confirmation of premium Service 13/06/2016
Money deducted 15/06/2016
Recieved documents/letter 18/06/2016
BRP should arrive in 7-10 days

All the best to those waiting.

winnter_summer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by winnter_summer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:12 pm

ILR2015-2016 wrote:
Chirag26 wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone else please let me know if you can help.
Hi,

I will let you know how it gone. Thanks

Thanks

At the moment self employed ppl are called for interview. Did you keep any amendment letter in your file while applying in December? Also wat income did you amended? Wat was the difference in the amount?[/quote]

Skdba
Newly Registered

Post by Skdba » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Here is our case:

Came to the country on T2 ICT: 23 Dec 2010
Switched to Tier 1 General: 12Jul 2011 (applied before 6 April 2011)
Tier 1 renewed on 15 May 2013 (two months before it was due to expire). Valid till 14 May 2016.

Issue - Tier 1 was due to expire appx one month before
ILR elibility. I am salaried and our company lawyers were handling the case. They took a premium appointment but HO said my case wont be considered and we must make a postal application. Did that on 13th May.

Applied for Premium upgrade first day 5 year residency requirement was met ie 14th June.

Received email from HO that a decision has been made: 18th June.

Full process took little more than one month. Nervy but hopefully it is an approval and not otherwise:)

masoom1
Newly Registered

Post by masoom1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Aditi12 wrote:Update

I recieved a letter from home office letter dated 13th June 2016
Saying about the delay and also in the same letter mentioning about interview and they will let me know about the time date etc ! The letter is from Sheffield

Application date 15 Jan 2016
Biometrics 1st week Feb
No communication until now !

Hi aditi12,
my timeline is exactly the same, posted on 15/01/16, received a letter dated 12th june 16 regarding delay coz they have to interview....no dates for interview yet. let me know when u hear something.