ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get first UK passport without giving away existing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pred02

How to get first UK passport without giving away existing

Post by pred02 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi,

I become naturalised UK citizen next week on June 22nd. I would like to shortly or immediately thereafter apply for the UK passport, but the problem is that I have travel booked July 15th and then July 29th for a couple of weeks.

Given the nature of my work, it will be difficult to not have the ability to leave the UK for up to 6 weeks. Is there any way I can get my British passport (first) faster? Does passport check and send allow a certified copy of my passport to be send with my original naturalisation certificate?

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: How to get first UK passport without giving away existin

Post by ohara » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Just hold off getting your passport until you have travelled?

There is no fast track service for first adult British passport, and unless you have used JCAP, you will need to attend an interview.

You must send all uncancelled foreign passports in your name, they will not accept copies.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:51 pm

pred02 wrote:Hi,

I become naturalised UK citizen next week on June 22nd. I would like to shortly or immediately thereafter apply for the UK passport, but the problem is that I have travel booked July 15th and then July 29th for a couple of weeks.

Given the nature of my work, it will be difficult to not have the ability to leave the UK for up to 6 weeks. Is there any way I can get my British passport (first) faster? Does passport check and send allow a certified copy of my passport to be send with my original naturalisation certificate?

Thanks
No.

No.

HMPO will want to check out who you are - with originals.
You will need to rearrange timing of any passport application and defer any subsequent travel.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pred02

Post by pred02 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 am

If I have multiple nationalities/passports can I just send in the one which I used to enter the UK/apply for naturalisation and travel on my other passport? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:36 am

How are you going to travel without your BRP which has to be returned within 5 days of the ceremony, or face a £1,000 fine?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:59 pm

pred02 wrote:If I have multiple nationalities/passports can I just send in the one which I used to enter the UK/apply for naturalisation and travel on my other passport? Thanks
No, you need to send in all uncancelled passports

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:44 pm

pred02 wrote:If I have multiple nationalities/passports can I just send in the one which I used to enter the UK/apply for naturalisation and travel on my other passport? Thanks
No, because HMPO wants to know who you are.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.