ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff partner to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Srinivasmvr
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff partner to Tier 2 General

Post by Srinivasmvr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Friends,
I am working in London on Tier 2 ICT Long term visa. My wife is working in a company as a software tester on a Tier 2 ICT Staff Partner visa. My wife's company is ready to sponsor Tier 2 General Visa to her. I have few questions on that.
1. Can she apply for a Tier 2 general visa? As she is already working for the same company for the past 4 months.
2. If she can apply, should the sponsor do RLMT before assigning COS? Or is it not required as she is already an employee of the company?
3. Her salary is 25k, is there any possibility of getting visa from India for that salary? We have identified a systems analyst role which has a minimum salary of 22k, employer is ready to generate COS with that job role as she does not meet the minimum salary criteria of a software tester role. If not, please suggest some workaround to overcome this problem.
Please help me in understanding the above points. Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff partner to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:17 pm

1. Yes, she has to apply from home country though.

2. Yes, the full and proper RLMT process has to be completed before a CoS is issued to prove she has not been 'pre-selected'.

3. She needs to meet the salary conditions of the SOC. If the ultimate goal is to gain ILR, she will need to earn £35K.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff partner to Tier 2 General

Post by poper » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:26 pm

There have been instances(seen in this forum) where Tier 2 General was refused as HO thought the applicant was 'pre-selected' as he/she was already employed with the same company on a dependent visa. So, beware
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.