ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused,AR failed now Driving licence in danger -Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lancer2016
Newly Registered
England

ILR refused,AR failed now Driving licence in danger -Help

Post by Lancer2016 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:19 pm

I hope someone can help

MY ILR was refused due to tax issues in APril for tax year 2010/11

AR was refused in may

I had already bought my ticket to leave next week

today i got a letter from Home Office saying that they are going to revoke my licence as I dont have the right to stay here

I was leaving well before 28 days is up and didnt email them my ticket as I dont want them to stamp my passport (i have the passport with me)

Please someone advice me on what to do as i had a very clean licence and dont want it revoked

noajthan

Re: ILR refused,AR failed now Driving licence in danger -Hel

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:58 pm

Lancer2016 wrote:...

today i got a letter from Home Office saying that they are going to revoke my licence as I dont have the right to stay here

I was leaving well before 28 days is up and didnt email them my ticket as I dont want them to stamp my passport (i have the passport with me)

Please someone advice me on what to do as i had a very clean licence and dont want it revoked
In the words of the immortal John Rambo: Let it go. Let it go
... dire consequences for illegal immigrants who continue to drive after their licence is revoked.
  • They will be liable for prosecution for failure to surrender a licence;
    will be liable for prosecution if caught driving;
    face losing any vehicle they have and face detention and swift removal under immigration powers.
Illegal migrants will understand that any convictions will be taken into consideration by the Home Office where they apply to stay here or return here in the future.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... cences.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gc1411
Newly Registered

Post by gc1411 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Lancer2016 wrote:I hope someone can help

MY ILR was refused due to tax issues in APril for tax year 2010/11

AR was refused in may

I had already bought my ticket to leave next week

Can you please explain what were the tax issues raised by UKVI? Can anyone recommend a firm which can advise regarding taxation to avoid ILR applications being refused on these grounds?

Thank you all

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:46 pm

gc1411 wrote:Can you please explain what were the tax issues raised by UKVI? Can anyone recommend a firm which can advise regarding taxation to avoid ILR applications being refused on these grounds?

Thank you all
'Recommendations' are not entertained due to abuse and spoof/promotional postings. They are also unverifiable.

gc1411
Newly Registered

Post by gc1411 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Thanks- apologies for the inconvenience. I should probably read all the forum rules etc thoroughly before I post again.
Regarding the issue though, I do feel getting ILR turned down due to discrepancies in taxation is a sad thing to happen particularly if it is a genuine mistake, and given that HMRC gives time to sort out taxation even after a tax year has passed. Hence I am very curious about this.

Thank you and everyone.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:58 pm

gc1411 wrote:Thanks- apologies for the inconvenience. I should probably read all the forum rules etc thoroughly before I post again.
Regarding the issue though, I do feel getting ILR turned down due to discrepancies in taxation is a sad thing to happen particularly if it is a genuine mistake, and given that HMRC gives time to sort out taxation even after a tax year has passed. Hence I am very curious about this.

Thank you and everyone.
As you will see from a flurry of postings in the forum all this year, many people appear to be discovering tax issues long after the original tax years and just before ILR comes up.

There are a number of common themes.
It affects T1E visa holders and certain categories of contractors/directors/self-employed most of all.

Other factors seem to include lack of awareness of:
  • relevant guidelines/legislation;
    visa requirements;
    basic accountancy and general business practices in UK;
- often coupled with ill-advised or inappropriate choice of professional advisors.

Search T1E and ILR subforums for more on all this.

However none of this solves OP's problem with loss of driving licence.