ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to calculate 15 working days to Bio-metric at postoffice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eclipse5
Newly Registered

How to calculate 15 working days to Bio-metric at postoffice

Post by eclipse5 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi All

could any one please explain how calculate 15 working days to attend bio metric appointment at post office? is this includes Saturday or Mon-Friday only? I can't find any recent guidance i found one in year 2015. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to calculate 15 working days to Bio-metric at postof

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:18 pm

It is 15 days, including weekends and NOT 'work days'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eclipse5
Newly Registered

Post by eclipse5 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:24 pm

is there any guidance, because i asked one solicitor he says 15 working days Mon - fir on letter also says 15 working days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:29 pm

My letters in previous applications said '15 days' not 'working days'. Also, the PO is obviously open on weekends too.

Then go according to what your letter says but suggest don't delay it as a tactic 'to buy time'. The longer you take to do biometrics, the longer it will take for your application to start being processed. Members applications have been refused by trying to do this as a 'delay' ruse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:32 pm

It is 15 working days, as per the Biometrics enrolment guidance (see Page 24).

As many post offices offering the service are open on Saturdays, I would count Saturdays as a working day. So, essentially, two and a half weeks from the date on the letter (not the date of receipt).

Also see here for more information on Biometric information.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:34 pm

secret.simon wrote:It is 15 working days, as per the Biometrics enrolment guidance (see Page 24).

As many post offices offering the service are open on Saturdays, I would count Saturdays as a working day. So, essentially, two and a half weeks from the date on the letter (not the date of receipt).
LOL, I either need a trip to Specsavers or need to have read my HO letters properly, but certain they said 15 days (although last one was back in 2012) :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

eclipse5
Newly Registered

Post by eclipse5 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:41 pm

some post offices open Sundays as well so sunday is working day? in 2014 home office replied Mon -Friday only working days.

Home Office

7 May 2014

Dear Saragadam

Thank you for your enquiry.

The reference to working days on the biometric letter is to the Home
Office's working days. The weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) and
public holidays (such as the Bank Holiday on Monday 5 May 2014) are not
working days.

We are now known as UK Visas & Immigration (formerly known as UK Border
Agency) and we are part of the Home Office.

Regards

Janet
UK VISAS & IMMIGRATION

show quoted sections

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:It is 15 working days, as per the Biometrics enrolment guidance (see Page 24).

LOL, I either need a trip to Specsavers or need to have read my HO letters properly, but certain they said 15 days (although last one was back in 2012) :wink:
The link that I posted suggests that the Biometric information policy was rewritten in 2013 and last revised in 2015, so as your experience predates that, it may have been different.

To the OP: As you have an email from the Home office defining the term, please use that definition. I would be much more conservative and submit biometrics asap, unless of course your intention is to stretch the biometrics period out, in which case, do not be surprised if the Home office rejects your application on the grounds of non-submission of biometrics.

The Home Office has become much stricter in their definitions lately. Have a look at the number of people whose ILR applications are being rejected due to late submission/correction of tax returns.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

eclipse5
Newly Registered

Post by eclipse5 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:28 pm

here is the reply from Home office

Appointment Exceptions <AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
12:34 21/06/2016

to me
Good Afternoon

We can confirm that 15 working days is calculated as Monday to Friday,

Regards

Appointment Exceptions