ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Record length of HSMP application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

esutg
Newly Registered

Record length of HSMP application

Post by esutg » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:44 pm

This is my first time writing on the forum and I spent a while reading through some of the processing times for everyone and it seems that most people get a response of a decision within 2months. Now I'll let you guys see my case.

I applied for my hsmp on 8th August 2007 and so far they have taken payment and given me a reference number. Up until now, it is still under consideration but even after sending them an urgent treatment form the case is still going. How much longer can they take? It even says on their website that 97% of all applications are closed within 14 weeks. Am I this unlucky.

The problem for me is that my visa is expiring soon (I'm in the UK) and they cannot return my documents until a decision on the applicaiton is made (well they can but my application is stopped and all that waiting is worthless). So what can I do? I have phoned their customer lines and emailed them numerous times, but the only response I get is they are still considering the application. I don't even get a reason for this extended delay! It doesn't help either that the case worker won't contact me directly so if they need anything or help I would very willing to (cannot contact the case worker directly) and also I can't even find out who his/her boss is to give them a nudge.

So anyone else lasted this long? What else can I do?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Oh dear !!

You have to tell the person on the phone that they have crossed the 14 weeks timeline and you've the right to know the status. Tell them abt ur visa situation as well....

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:53 pm

it doesnt matter if the visa expires, your status is current until they make a decision, you just can't leave the country

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:01 pm

SYH wrote:it doesnt matter if the visa expires, your status is current until they make a decision, you just can't leave the country
The point about the visa status remaining current beyond its expiry date would only be true if this were an FLR application; not so if the OP has been waiting for HSMP approval (stage 1) and has not otherwise lodged an FLR application before the expiry of the current visa.

esutg
Newly Registered

Post by esutg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:04 pm

gordon wrote:
SYH wrote:it doesnt matter if the visa expires, your status is current until they make a decision, you just can't leave the country
The point about the visa status remaining current beyond its expiry date would only be true if this were an FLR application; not so if the OP has been waiting for HSMP approval (stage 1) and has not otherwise lodged an FLR application before the expiry of the current visa.
I never expected the hsmp application to take so long, and therefore not filled in an FLR form. But as I do not have my original documents, I cannot do that now. I have a feeling that they have lost my documents and holding out until they find it.

Like I said, the customer service line can only tell me my application is still under consideration but as they cannot forward me to the case worker, no reason is explained.

Anyone know the name or number of the hsmp team leader/manager? So I can write a personal letter and complain.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:13 pm

esutg wrote:
gordon wrote:
I never expected the hsmp application to take so long, and therefore not filled in an FLR form. But as I do not have my original documents, I cannot do that now. I have a feeling that they have lost my documents and holding out until they find it.

Like I said, the customer service line can only tell me my application is still under consideration but as they cannot forward me to the case worker, no reason is explained.

Anyone know the name or number of the hsmp team leader/manager? So I can write a personal letter and complain.
it still doesn't make sense either the person is already here asking for extension and the application is one in the same for FLR or it is an in country switch from another visa which is different and requires a separate FLR. So please clarify

esutg
Newly Registered

Post by esutg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:46 pm

SYH wrote:
esutg wrote:
gordon wrote:

it still doesn't make sense either the person is already here asking for extension and the application is one in the same for FLR or it is an in country switch from another visa which is different and requires a separate FLR. So please clarify
I am not sure what you mean. My current status is that I have a student visa (about to expire) and living in the UK. I think the missed point I forgot to add was that this is my first application.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:12 pm

esutg wrote: I am not sure what you mean. My current status is that I have a student visa (about to expire) and living in the UK. I think the missed point I forgot to add was that this is my first application.
Ok then I think there is a risk, You are covered with an extension of same type visa not switching so you might want to apply for extension of student or separately yourleave

esutg
Newly Registered

Post by esutg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:57 pm

SYH wrote:Ok then I think there is a risk, You are covered with an extension of same type visa not switching so you might want to apply for extension of student or separately yourleave
Are you sure I can do this without my original documents? I asked them this and despite it just being a case of someone walking over to get them in a different department, they said they could not............... :roll:

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Well Iam not sure if thats long...I applied on July19th and finally got my HSMP on Nov 28th..recieved letter on 2nd Dec...Almost 5 months...So dont loose hope.

Cheers!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:06 pm

For estug
Before your expiry of student visa you can apply for FLR(HSMP) provided you had gained a degree in UK while being on the current visa.

Any one in UK can simultaneously apply for initial approval of HSMP and FLR(HSMP).In that case if during the pendency of initial approval earlier visa expires one would not be considered as over-stayer. Documents already sent for initial approval would not be required for applying FLR

In case initial approval of HSMP is declined fee of FLR(HSMP) would not be refunded.

esutg
Newly Registered

Post by esutg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Daslimy1 wrote:Well Iam not sure if thats long...I applied on July19th and finally got my HSMP on Nov 28th..recieved letter on 2nd Dec...Almost 5 months...So dont loose hope.

Cheers!
Wow Daslimy1! At least you got your result. I'm sittng in the middle of nowhere, can't go anywhere and rejecting good job offers. Just like to know what you did to deserve this delay (like me)? Did they give you a reason afterwards of why it took so long? Did you keep hounding them constantly during the application?

ramidiu
Newly Registered

Post by ramidiu » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 am

hi guys !
i am in the same situation.i have posted my applicationon 19th july and they still say that the application is still under consideration.

as one of them said dont loose hope. i dont know how long willl that take.
how long will they ask me to wait... i feeelll like i amreally pissed offf.
can i know what is the longest period took till now .

thelongest which i have seen is posted on 19th july as me and got the letter on dec 2nd,in the same post.

iamloosing my patience....and i dont even know ,how long willl i wait........

esutg
Newly Registered

Post by esutg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 pm

ramidiu wrote:hi guys !
i am in the same situation.i have posted my applicationon 19th july and they still say that the application is still under consideration.

as one of them said dont loose hope. i dont know how long willl that take.
how long will they ask me to wait... i feeelll like i amreally pissed offf.
can i know what is the longest period took till now .

thelongest which i have seen is posted on 19th july as me and got the letter on dec 2nd,in the same post.

iamloosing my patience....and i dont even know ,how long willl i wait........
I feel for you ramidiu, I really do. Looks like we were given the short end of the stick. The problem just like someone else mentioned earlier in the topic is that if we complain or push too hard, it is more than likely we will get a firm rejection anyways. I had to really be persistent just to get an status letter through the post.

esutg
Newly Registered

Post by esutg » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:10 pm

I finally have some news on my application. It has been REJECTED!

After 5 months of waiting I get a letter through the post detailing my rejection of my application and the return of my documents.

Well, the rejection was not only hard to take (I have been stranded in the UK doing nothing for the past 6 months) but from the details it says I managed to achieve 0 points. What a kick in the teeth! Each element of the application was pathetically given the same reason for rejection (unable to verify documents), so my question is this, does it take 5 months to verify everything. Not only did they not contact me about any verification (they must have had problems), but it took so long. Also this reason was to me totally unacceptable as I believe all the documentation was perfectly legitimate. First of all my degree was the actual Master's degree certificate from the UK university (can't they phone the univeristy to confim that properly?), my birth certificate was translated and given names and addresses of accredication, and my former company gave me my payroll number and revenues for the past year (which can easily be confimed by a simple phone call or letter). I cannot believe that the case worker can be this incompetent.

This was my second application. My first actually recieved enough points but failed because my english language- Ilets certificate had just expired. Therefore, I re took the test, achieved a slightly better score this time (7.0) but this application says I failed because of the same stupid reason (unable to verify). sigh..............

So what can be done? I can demand a review, but will that take another 5 months? I even have the name of the case worker, but I don't think it matters as I cannot know who his/her manager is. If I complain, what will that achieve?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Sorry to hear this...Isnt it irony that being Highly qualified ,u r at the mercy of some Case worker who is just working as a normal employee.Wonder what qualification do they have to check our records??I am not poiniting fingers,just wondering!!!! :?