ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement BRP from outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fatima Ali

Replacement BRP from outside UK

Post by Fatima Ali » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:43 am

I am a Tier 2 Migrant applicant and was given entry clearance that was valid till 11th May 2016. I could not travel till this date so I applied for Replacement BRP on June 01, 2016. Now the problem is UKVI is still saying your application is yet to be assessed when I inquire about my application status. I have to join my job by 27th June and consequently booked flight for 23rd June. Can anyone please help in comprehending how much time they can or they will take in simple BRP Replacement? I have seen times on their website and they say it will take 15 working days for all non-settlement visas but if anyone has any experience with my type of situation please help me as I am really upset because of this delay.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Replacement BRP from outside UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:03 am

What exactly did you apply for? A replacement BRP or a vignette transfer? See link below (which contains links to the process).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 92549.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:21 am

CR001 wrote:What exactly did you apply for? A replacement BRP or a vignette transfer? See link below (which contains links to the process).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 92549.html
I saw this link first and then applied for Vignette Transfer. However British Embassy Abu Dhabi said I selected wrong visa category & I should apply for BRP Replacement in my case. They asked me to withdraw my application. I have provided all correspondence with my BRP Application that I made on June 1, 2016.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:43 am

I have not gone through this issue myself but just common sense dictates that it should have been a new vignette if you have not yet travelled to the UK. The reason is that even if a new BRP is issued and sent to a designated post office inside UK, you will still need to show your passport (which will only have the 30 day vignette) and it should be valid...unless I am missing something here

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:30 pm

paradoxical wrote:I have not gone through this issue myself but just common sense dictates that it should have been a new vignette if you have not yet travelled to the UK. The reason is that even if a new BRP is issued and sent to a designated post office inside UK, you will still need to show your passport (which will only have the 30 day vignette) and it should be valid...unless I am missing something here
I applied for vignette transfer on 11th May. The embassy told me if I had applied for vignette transfer within the one month duration, it would have been given. After expiry it should be replacement brp. This is what they communicated in their last emails so I had no choice but to withdraw my application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Strange.
Replace your BRP wrote:You can’t apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:42 am

If anyone knows how long a Replacement BRP application can take from outside UK, I would be extremely grateful. I have paid the fees thrice now, one for main application, one for vignette transfer & now for Replacement BRP. Any help or guidance would be highly appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:42 am

Fatima Ali wrote:If anyone knows how long a Replacement BRP application can take from outside UK
If it's not possible, then it may take .... ?

... forever, or however long it takes for them to realize that it's impossible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:53 am

Replacement BRP visa is for those outside UK:
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace

I have been told this by British Embassy Abu Dhabi as well as by UKVI

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:11 am

What exactly are you applying for? A replacement BRP or a replacement visa vignette?

What form did you use?

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Replacement BRP vignette

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Fatima Ali wrote:Replacement BRP vignette
These are two separate things.
A BRP is a British Biometric Residence Permit (similar to an identity card)
A vignette is a visa placed inside your passport
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:51 pm

vinny wrote:What form did you use?

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Please read my post. I haven't been to UK and my initial vignette expired so I have now applied for replacement brpI vignette.I made online application as is usually done from outside Uk

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Can you give a link?

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:52 am

vinny wrote:Can you give a link?
Sorry I just got busy as I luckily got my visa & traveled to UK.
After my successful application for BRP Replacement, I got a new Entry Clearance & on arriving here I got by BRP.
Ironically in my new entry clearance letter they wrote "In case you fail to enter UK in given 30 day duration, please apply for 'Vignette Transfer'. I think in my case they messed it up somewhere but finally I got it in time to join my job.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Thank you for letting us know.