ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendering Indian Passport - Supporting DOCs

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jilpangs

Surrendering Indian Passport - Supporting DOCs

Post by jilpangs » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi,

I'm surrendering Indian passport in next few days. Just wanted to validate the supporting docs to be taken along.

Duly filled application form
Printed & signed copy of the declaration form
Original Indian Passport
Self-attested photocopy of Indian passport (All used pages)
Two recent 50 mm * 50 mm size photographs
Self-attested photocopy of the current British / Foreign Passport( Only the photo page*)
Self-attested photocopy of British / Foreign Naturalization certificate
£115.44 FEES (Will Carry Credit Card)

Anything else required?

Should I need to take Originals of British / Foreign Naturalization certificate OR British / Foreign Passport

Jil.

lemony

Re: Surrendering Indian Passport - Supporting DOCs

Post by lemony » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi It is always best to take the original British passport and the naturalisation certificate...I took mine, they definitely wanted to see the certificate and if available the passport ( when I submitted our whole family application, My kids and I had ours, my husband's pp was not available with me as he was out of the country at that time and that wasnt an issue).

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks Lemony.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:33 am

It is always good to have the original documents with you as lemony said. These VFS are just a courier forwarder and they don't take any responsibility, but they behave as if they are the Council General of India.
They don't process family application and we end up paying a huge courier charges for nothing .
You can use Royal Mail for the return delivery. (They use to indirectly pressurize you to go for DX courier,saying that they will not take responsibility ,ask you to sign a declaration etc.. etc.. ). They make more money in SMS and courier charges )
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===