ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PeatD
Australia

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by PeatD » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm getting really concerned about my EEA_EFM application, as everyones timelines seem to be a lot quicker than mine but I also seem to be having issues getting communication from HO and have had to call or chase. My timeline so far with details below:

20/02/16: EEA_EFM Application form sent via Royal Mail Registered Post (applied as unmarried partner of Italian citizen)
26/02/16: Payment deducted
03/04/16: Biometric letter received (dated 31/03/16, and was apparently the 2nd letter sent - this was sent because I had “failed to comply” with instructions on a previous letter sent - I received no other letter and had called to chase prior to receiving this one)
05/04/16: Completed biometric enrolment
05/04/16: Requested my passport and partner’s EU ID card back
18/04/16: Submitted online form to chase passport and ID
25/04/16: Received passport and ID back
31/05/16: Rang HO phone number to see if I could get an update and was told I should’ve received COA within 21 days of biometric enrolment and could only get info on my application by speaking to my case worker, whose details should be on COA. Advised to email nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for COA and told to write to the HO - EEA Applications address (where applications are sent), to obtain caseworker details and get confirmation of current status.
01/06/16: Sent email to request COA
02/06/16: Posted letter to HO-EEA Applications address
03/06/16: Received COA but it was dated 18/03/16 stating that they will make a decision within 6 months, but no confirmation of Right to Work could be granted as they were missing ALL original documentation for ID, relationship of evidence & evidence of sponsor exercising treaty rights (What even is this!?) - But i have provided all originals and they're supposed to have them! I was also told requesting my passport and ID back would not affect the application! And.. no case worker details on there whatsoever.

Someone has suggested I write a letter to my local MP to see if they could assist, so I will put something together by this weekend hopefully. Has anyone got any advice they could share about contacting their MP, but also about my timeline and application woes? Please give me hope guys and gals lol! Thank you in advance!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:34 pm

@ PeatD

You received a standard boilerplate letter about COA. As you are unmarried partner you won't have a right to work confirmed until the RC is granted.

You have suffered delays possibly due to your application straddling Easter, Easter break, half-term and a bunch of Bank Holidays.

Not much you or MP can do really.
Try here if feeling optimistic:
http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp

Its probably more a case of sitting tight and hoping for the best.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi PeatD,

You shouldn't stress that much :) ! I also applied for RC as unmarried partner, and my CoA also states 2 reasons why they cannot confirm my right to work: 1) there are not enough original documents provided; 2)the application made as unmarried partner - so that's the real reason. Once they make a decision on your case they will grant you RC obviously with the right to work.

ASNUL

Post by ASNUL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Noajthan,

Hope you are well.

I have an urgent query, as of tomorrow I'm moving with my spouse to a different address in the uk, I requested passports on 19/05 thinking it will really take 10 working days to arrive, was waiting till the last moment as I didn't want any confusion in the addresses, and ofcourse since the decision is not made yet and also the passports are not sent to us,
what do you advice me to do?
Send the HO the new tenancy agreement? I'm just worried that they will send the documents on this address after I move !
Thank you for your advice in advance

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi,
Noajthan, and Obie.

My EEA spouse applied for my non EEA children's EEA Residence Card.
Timeline.
Applied 24 Feb
Fees. 27 Feb
Bio. 17 March
COA. 19 March

Our solicitor didn't sent original birth certificates of children and he sent certified copies of birth certificates.

They are already here on family permit.

Do you think that it's enough or we have to send them originals?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Ali12035 wrote:Hi,
Noajthan, and Obie.

My EEA spouse applied for my non EEA children's EEA Residence Card.

Our solicitor didn't sent original birth certificates of children and he sent certified copies of birth certificates.

They are already here on family permit.

Do you think that it's enough or we have to send them originals?

Thanks
I would have sent original originals.

From current EEA FM guidance ...
Annex A: evidence of family relationships

You must show how you (and any family members included in your application) are (or were) related to your sponsor named in section 2 by providing relevant birth, adoption, marriage or civil partnership certificates. Examples are listed below.

Full birth certificate’ means an official birth certificate which shows the name of the child, the child’s parent(s), date of birth and place of birth.

Child of the sponsor
Your full birth or adoption certificate

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:09 pm

ASNUL wrote:Noajthan,

Hope you are well.

I have an urgent query, as of tomorrow I'm moving with my spouse to a different address in the uk, I requested passports on 19/05 thinking it will really take 10 working days to arrive, was waiting till the last moment as I didn't want any confusion in the addresses, and ofcourse since the decision is not made yet and also the passports are not sent to us,
Send the HO the new tenancy agreement? I'm just worried that they will send the documents on this address after I move !
Yes, certainly advise HO of the change of address- effective from whatever date

Suggest also setting up mail forwarding via Royal Mail for, say, the next 3 months - to redirect any/all regular mail to your new address after you move.

ASNUL

Post by ASNUL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:13 pm

noajthan wrote:
ASNUL wrote:Noajthan,

Hope you are well.

Yes, certainly advise HO of the change of address- effective from whatever date

Suggest also setting up mail forwarding via Royal Mail for, say, the next 3 months - to redirect any/all regular mail to your new address after you move.

Thank you so much for your valuable advice

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks @noajthan & @Fiso4ka - is there any chance that I've missed some communication requiring any other action, since the COA and biometrics? Giving cause for rejection? I supplied more than the requested number of original documents too, which is why that COA letter worried me! But if its a stock standard letter, then fair enough..

@Fiso4ka whats your timeline and have you been approved for your RC? Im sweating it a little as my current employer won't be able to keep me in the job if its not granted before my tier 5 working visa finishes in August. So they would like an answer by end of the month which is why i was hoping the COA may have the right to work indicated..but sadly no.

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:39 pm

PeatD wrote:Thanks @noajthan & @Fiso4ka - is there any chance that I've missed some communication requiring any other action, since the COA and biometrics? Giving cause for rejection? I supplied more than the requested number of original documents too, which is why that COA letter worried me! But if its a stock standard letter, then fair enough..

@Fiso4ka whats your timeline and have you been approved for your RC? Im sweating it a little as my current employer won't be able to keep me in the job if its not granted before my tier 5 working visa finishes in August. So they would like an answer by end of the month which is why i was hoping the COA may have the right to work indicated..but sadly no.
I don't think they will contact you until they make a decision on your application. This most likely will happen in July-August for you. Once you reach 6 months you can start acting and chasing Home Office.

I have applied end of April so I am still waiting without any news from Home Office. I have requested my passport back almost 10 days ago and waiting for it now. I have heard some people with CoA no right to work were able to convince Home Office to issue them another CoA with the right to work. It is a temporal paper so maybe it is worth trying in your case. Try to find people who have done it on the forum - I have no idea how they managed to convince these guys :)

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:58 am

Fiso4ka wrote: I don't think they will contact you until they make a decision on your application. This most likely will happen in July-August for you. Once you reach 6 months you can start acting and chasing Home Office.

I have applied end of April so I am still waiting without any news from Home Office. I have requested my passport back almost 10 days ago and waiting for it now. I have heard some people with CoA no right to work were able to convince Home Office to issue them another CoA with the right to work. It is a temporal paper so maybe it is worth trying in your case. Try to find people who have done it on the forum - I have no idea how they managed to convince these guys :)
Thats really interesting, thank you @Fiso4ka - I'll have a dig around and see if I can find someone who has been able to get a re-issued COA with right to work. I wonder how they got in touch to even begin the explanation of why they need COA with right to work. I'll post another reply if I find out anything. Thanks for your help!!! :D

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:31 am

Hello! I made a first application last year wich I widthraw, then I did one in January this year. But I just realised in the last one I think I didn't fill the information about the last biometrics enrolment, I just put the information from the EEA Family Permit. Should I've put the last biometrics enrolment as well? Can I send other letter to home office?
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello everyone!

Any update from december batch !
I'm still waiting it has been 6 month already since I submitted our application

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:12 pm

SE/nech wrote:Hello everyone!

Any update from december batch !
I'm still waiting it has been 6 month already since I submitted our application

Try to call to 0300 123 2253 there is an option when the 6 months has already passed.

This waiting get us desperate :(

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello!

Thank to everyone who helped me.

I just got my Residence Card today,

I haven't received the documents or any letters saying it was issued. Also, It was other kind of courier because I received my post today from royal mail and nothing was there. Then other man came with a envelope, I didn't see what company was, because I was so nervous LOL. Just I took the envelope, signed and opened it haha

Residence card was issued on 15/06/2016.

This is my case
Gay couple living together over seas since 2012, got married on 2014. Moved to UK wit EEA Family Permit on January 2015. Husband found a job on June, I applied in September, I widthrew that application by mistake. Then we sent a new one on January, requested passport and mine wasn't sent as they said I had no longer the right to reside here once they can decide my application.

We sent:

1- passports both original
2- marriage certificate
3- proof of we are living together since 2012 (bills, renting contract, bank statement)
3- about 15 photos of us and family
4- payslip and contract and bank showing my husband's wages

And that's it.

I think if you have sent everything as the home office guidelines documents, you should be fine.

Thanks to everyone and good luck

See you in five years, (I hope they don't leave UE)

zeyad.ahmed10
Newly Registered

Post by zeyad.ahmed10 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:46 pm

mard2530 wrote:Hello!

Thank to everyone who helped me.

I just got my Residence Card today,

I haven't received the documents or any letters saying it was issued. Also, It was other kind of courier because I received my post today from royal mail and nothing was there. Then other man came with a envelope, I didn't see what company was, because I was so nervous LOL. Just I took the envelope, signed and opened it haha

Residence card was issued on 15/06/2016.

This is my case
Gay couple living together over seas since 2012, got married on 2014. Moved to UK wit EEA Family Permit on January 2015. Husband found a job on June, I applied in September, I widthrew that application by mistake. Then we sent a new one on January, requested passport and mine wasn't sent as they said I had no longer the right to reside here once they can decide my application.

We sent:

1- passports both original
2- marriage certificate
3- proof of we are living together since 2012 (bills, renting contract, bank statement)
3- about 15 photos of us and family
4- payslip and contract and bank showing my husband's wages

And that's it.

I think if you have sent everything as the home office guidelines documents, you should be fine.

Thanks to everyone and good luck

See you in five years, (I hope they don't leave UE)

Congratulations again.. I am still waiting.. submitted my application on 06th of January..

diego-560
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by diego-560 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:40 pm

diego-560 wrote:Hi all

My partner and I have just applied for EEA EFM and EEA QP. I have learnt so much from these boards, it really helped me in getting my application together. I am the Extended Family Member as an Unmarried Partner, I'm a New Zealand citizen. She is the QP, and is Hungarian. We have been together for 6 years, have lived together for the past 3 and a bit years in London. We have very good evidence for the last 2 years of living together having a durable relationship (Various joint bills, joint bank account, joint tenancy agreements, joint council taxes) plus we included photos of us spread over the entire 6 years. We're going to visit my family again at the end of the year so I included a print of our confirmed itinerary to NZ for Christmas. I also included a pre-paid special delivery envelope already addressed to myself because I need them to send my passport back as soon as they are able. Not sure if it'll help, but I thought it can't hurt. Thanks Kamoe for the idea.

Here's our timeline so far:

25 May: Application sent
26 May: Application received by HO
27 May: Payment taken (for both of us)

.... to be continued!
The above quote is my own post I made earlier on 27 May.

To provide an update, as of 19 June I have NOT received any bio-metrics letter, or any correspondence of any description.

Hungarian and New Zealander couple.

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:11 pm

diego-560 wrote:
diego-560 wrote:Hi all

My partner and I have just applied for EEA EFM and EEA QP. I have learnt so much from these boards, it really helped me in getting my application together. I am the Extended Family Member as an Unmarried Partner, I'm a New Zealand citizen. She is the QP, and is Hungarian. We have been together for 6 years, have lived together for the past 3 and a bit years in London. We have very good evidence for the last 2 years of living together having a durable relationship (Various joint bills, joint bank account, joint tenancy agreements, joint council taxes) plus we included photos of us spread over the entire 6 years. We're going to visit my family again at the end of the year so I included a print of our confirmed itinerary to NZ for Christmas. I also included a pre-paid special delivery envelope already addressed to myself because I need them to send my passport back as soon as they are able. Not sure if it'll help, but I thought it can't hurt. Thanks Kamoe for the idea.

Here's our timeline so far:

25 May: Application sent
26 May: Application received by HO
27 May: Payment taken (for both of us)

.... to be continued!
The above quote is my own post I made earlier on 27 May.

To provide an update, as of 19 June I have NOT received any bio-metrics letter, or any correspondence of any description.

Hungarian and New Zealander couple.
Hi diego,

I was in your situation but my biometric letter came after 4 weeks. so no panic. it will come through. usually they are taking 4 weeks for biometric letter.

Thanks

Jacky

G3rald
Newly Registered

Post by G3rald » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I let you know that I already have my RC (issued 14-06-2016), all documensta arrived in the same day but in differet times 16/06/2016.

I applied on December 29th with my daughther (she is 14 non-eeu), no calls, no interviews, no nothing :D

All the best for you guys.

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 am

Hi everyone,

I got my Residence Card last week but all my documents including passport hasn't arrived so far.

Has anyone received their residence card before documents and when they arrived?

Regards,

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 pm

I have gotten my documents yesterday still awaiting for the card. To those who are in similar situation with me,, how long did your card arrive after you got your docs??

seitaj
Newly Registered

Post by seitaj » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:29 pm

cypher6 wrote:I have gotten my documents yesterday still awaiting for the card. To those who are in similar situation with me,, how long did your card arrive after you got your docs??
timeline?

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Applied together with my partner December 17 2015
COA+ Biometrics with no Right to Work January 17 2016
Requested new COA with Right to work Jan 19 2016
COA with right to Work Feb 1 2016
Receive Passport and all Documents Feb 5 2016
Receive Letter that Biometrics will be sent after 10- working days Jun 18
Residence Card still awaiting ...

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:45 pm

I just got my RC ( it took 6 months and 10 days )
Thanks God for that ! was a nightmare
And thanks for the lovely people here as well

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Did you get the card before than your documents? I got my documents before igot the card weird.