ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrGB25
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by MrGB25 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi,
my husband has been here on a 2year and a bit spouse visa and we are just unsure if we can apply now for a ILR next? I know which form to use and i know he needs to pass the life in uk test and the B1 level of english.Are there any other requirements that i would need to know before applying?
Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 pm

When did he apply for his spouse visa and what are the visa start and end dates?

Was he in the UK before being on a spouse settlement visa? If yes, what was his visa status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrGB25
Newly Registered

Post by MrGB25 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:59 pm

he entered uk on a spouse visa.The dates were mar14 to jan17.Just not sure if ILR is the next step altho we are pretty sure it is.Hope you won't reply saying its not...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:10 pm

As CR001 isn't online at the moment, I'll answer for you. Unfortunately, assuming your husband applied for his spouse settlement visa after 9th July 2012 (which it appears he did), he will have to extend his limited leave to remain for a further 2.5 years. This will be on form FLR(M) and the NHS surcharge of £500 is also payable in addition to the visa fee. He needs 5 years of residence before qualifying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MrGB25
Newly Registered

Post by MrGB25 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Okay thank you very much for your answer.At least now we know for sure what to do next.
One more question now that we know which way do i go about deleting my account on here?
Thank you again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:30 pm

We don't delete accounts/posts on the forum. Your posts will just remain and flick down the list of topics if you do not post.
by geriatrix » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:18 pm
Please note:

Posts are not and will not be deleted just because they become outdated or you wish them to be deleted.
It is you who choose to and are posting in a "public" forum, so please post information appropriately ensuring privacy is not breached.

That said, if you wish to have your account deactivated (which doesn't mean that your posts will get deleted too), please leave a request in this topic.
The needful (deactivation of account, not deletion of posts) will be done - at the moderators' convenience!

If you want your account deactivated, please post your request in the link below but your posts will remain on the forum.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 46-40.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrGB25
Newly Registered

Post by MrGB25 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:33 pm

I would just like my username changed to visa25 as i didnt realise my name will come up in the post.Please can you do that for me if possible
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Please post your username change request in the sub-forum link below as we keep a record of this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 83-20.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)