ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit application while still in Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DingDong

EEA family permit application while still in Ireland

Post by DingDong » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello Guys,

Need some advice basically I am planning to move to UK after the referendum (fingers cross if UK stay's in)

My question is can I apply for an EEA family permit for my dependent mother while I am still in Ireland or should I apply once I have moved to UK ? I was wondering If I apply while I am still in Ireland then there are lots of questions within EEA Family permit application form that I will have to mark as 'n/a' like where I am staying in UK, how much do I earn , office address etc... so not sure if applying early will going to put any negative effect on the application or should I wait for couple of month after relocation and then apply ? and I will have all the above information handy to complete in the form.

Thank you!!

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: EEA family permit application while still in Ireland

Post by Hamza2013 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:39 am

Hi Hamza,

Looks like u and me are in same boat in this process. I have looked into this in details and I raised question for gurus / moderators to respond with no luck. Any way I have following outcome while discussing this with UK and irish solicitors:

1. It's is better to apply family permit in Ireland before entering Uk.
2.Though the online document do not mention about surinder Singh judgement but we will need to provide documents justifying centre of life move etc etc.

Have ur mother received 5 years card or or u aiming to apply on stamp4 ? See there is no requirement in family permit other then a valid visa in Ireland!

We should share as much information as we can, we are planning to apply soon based on referendum outcome,

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 am

Hello Hamza,

Such a nice co-incidence I hope you are doing well :) and many thanks for providing your input. However what I understand you seems to be a British citizen and exercising EU free movement in Ireland and then will return back to UK under Surinder Singh route.

In my case it's the other way around as I am an Irish citizen and want's to move to UK to exercise my EU free movement to get my elderly mum so Surinder Singh doesn't applies on me until & unless if I plan to relocate back to Ireland, as Ireland national laws are exact same as UK stringent laws when come to get our elderly parents so you moved from UK to Ireland and I will move from Ireland to UK.

So just wondering should I apply for a Family permit in advance while still being in Ireland on the basis of the following point quoted from https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eligibility

----The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:

-be in the UK already
------be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application.

Kind Regards,
Hamza

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:28 am

HamzaCork wrote:Hello Guys,

Need some advice basically I am planning to move to UK after the referendum (fingers cross if UK stay's in)

My question is can I apply for an EEA family permit for my dependent mother while I am still in Ireland or should I apply once I have moved to UK ? I was wondering If I apply while I am still in Ireland then there are lots of questions within EEA Family permit application form that I will have to mark as 'n/a' like where I am staying in UK, how much do I earn , office address etc... so not sure if applying early will going to put any negative effect on the application or should I wait for couple of month after relocation and then apply ? and I will have all the above information handy to complete in the form.

Thank you!!
Its flexible.
The applicant can apply to move with or to join their sponsor.
So the sponsor can be about to go to UK or sponsor can already be in UK.

The applicant must be outside UK when they apply for their FP. (its the applicant who applies - not the sponsor).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:57 am

Its flexible.
The applicant can apply to move with or to join their sponsor.
So the sponsor can be about to go to UK or sponsor can already be in UK.

The applicant must be outside UK when they apply for their FP. (its the applicant who applies - not the sponsor).
Hello Noajthan,

My mum will be visiting me in July as she has a C visit visa, so is it possible that she can apply for an EEA family permit from the UK embassy in Dublin or does she only allowed to apply from back home i.e. in Pakistan in this case. Quoting from the following

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... egulations

EUN2.2 Where can an EEA family permit be issued?
EEA family permits may be obtained from any visa issuing post. It is not necessary for an applicant to be lawfully or normally resident in the country to apply.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:16 am

HamzaCork wrote:Hello Noajthan,

My mum will be visiting me in July as she has a C visit visa, so is it possible that she can apply for an EEA family permit from the UK embassy in Dublin or does she only allowed to apply from back home i.e. in Pakistan in this case. Quoting from the following

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... egulations

EUN2.2 Where can an EEA family permit be issued?
EEA family permits may be obtained from any visa issuing post. It is not necessary for an applicant to be lawfully or normally resident in the country to apply.
It seems to be usual to apply online and Gov UK website encourages this option.

You can try knocking at the embassy, see what happens.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zubair11
Newly Registered

Post by zubair11 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:34 am

Hi All,

Hope you all are well I have a question because I am in very desperate situation right now I will really Appreciate if some one answers this for me.

"I am living with my father in UK though I am fully dependent on him because of the student visa and restriction on work hours, my father is a British citizen and a month ago I found about EEA visa for non-EEA nationals or EEA Dependent visa. I gathered as much information as I could, but one thing I need to know is if I apply in ireland for EEA dependent visa, is it must for me to stay in Ireland or I could stay in UK as well with my father after applying? because I am really worried my student visa is running out in 4 months and I don't want to be overstayed so if I have already Applied for EEA dependent before my visa runs out will I be able to live with my dad back in UK legally because till that time my student visa will be already finished. I want to apply as soon as possible. so Please I need your advice"

Many thanks in advance.

oluwaloseyi
Newly Registered

Post by oluwaloseyi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello Guys,

Please a friend of mine is really sick of his immigration situation at the moment and i chosed
to help him by post on immigration boards

He's a non EEA and married to an Irish citizen and they have 2 kids together which are Irish and British citizen,
he has no Irish residence permit and they have decide to move to the United Kingdom either Northern Ireland or England.

Please is he eligible to apply for EEA family permit/visa while he has no Irish residence permit in Ireland?

Can he legally live in the UK with his family while he entered the UK without Visa?
Can he also apply for a EU residence card in the UK? and won't be denied or take a longer process base on his entry procedure without a visa to the UK?

What about if he finally successfully and secured a permanent residence in future would he be allowed to apply for UK citizenship on bases of he has breach UK immigration laws.

Your response will be highly appreciated and thanks a million in advance.