ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR No CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Skinny26
Newly Registered

EEA PR No CSI

Post by Skinny26 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:00 am

Hi, hopefully you can assist with some advice.

I came to the UK and started my 3yr degree in Sep 2008.

Received the yellow card registration certificate as Romanian citizen studying in the UK and started work in Nov 2008.

Back then, no CSI was required when applying for the yellow card, as the below article also shows. It was only introduced a yr later.

I am now applying for PR EEA after legally and continously living in the UK for nearly 8 yrs. Unsure how to respond to the question in the form regarding CSI whilst a student.

Under how I supported myself as a student I have said Uni scholarship and part-time employment in line with yellow card. I am sending the yellow card and the letter received with it from the HO UKBA stating that the documents I have sent to them in support of my application were passport and letter from the University confirming student status and address. I have never claimed any benefits.

I've read elsewhere on this forum that having a registration certificate and/or job means you did not need CSI. I had both.

How should I respond to the question regarding CSI as a student? That this was not required as I was legally employed in line with the registration certificate I held? Leave it blank? Say n/a and leave it at that?

Thank you

weblink removed by moderator

noajthan

Re: EEA PR No CSI

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:29 am

State that yellow card issued in/before 2011 invokes the transitional arrangement as an alternative to demonstrating you had CSI as a student.

Ref https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Skinny26
Newly Registered

Post by Skinny26 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:07 am

noajthan wrote:State that yellow card issued in/before 2011 invokes the transitional arrangement as an alternative to demonstrating you had CSI as a student.

Thank you very much for this, your response is truly a life-saver.

Thank you!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 am

Skinny26 wrote:
noajthan wrote:State that yellow card issued in/before 2011 invokes the transitional arrangement as an alternative to demonstrating you had CSI as a student.

Thank you very much for this, your response is truly a life-saver.

Thank you!
No worries. And I have always fancied a nice red swimsuit - but was never brave enough for that :wink:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:24 pm