ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original documents returned - OCI application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemony

Original documents returned - OCI application

Post by lemony » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi all,

Our original documents have been returned after 7 days. The status query shows OCI in process. My question is that can I assume that since my originals have been returned without been asked for any further additional docs, our OCI is most likely to get approved? I really hope that everything goes smoothly from now on!!

I am being a bit obsessed with this at the moment. I am literally counting days and clinging on to any tiny hopes as I have journey booked to India on 28th July. I DONT want to spend any more money on aquiring a visa in the unfortunate event of OCI not at hand by then.

Thanks.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Original documents returned - OCI application

Post by tamilmaran » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:47 am

Hope you get your OCI on time. All the very best to you..!! I don't want to take the tension and i applied for VISA and got it on the 4th day (fyi). One more info... I asked for two months VISA and got VISA for 6 months but no use of SINGLE ENTRY .
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

lemony

Re: Original documents returned - OCI application

Post by lemony » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:41 am

Hi thanks for your reply.

In the unfortunate event if my OCI doesnt come on time then I guess I shall have to go for the Visa. I have some queries about the same.

1. Which category visa should I apply for? I have surrendered my Indian citizenship after obtaining BC. Please also note that I am going to be in India for 32 days so I think e-visa is not an option.

2. Normally how long does it take to get the Indian Visa? That is after submitting docs in VFS to getting the passport back at hand with the Visa sticker on.

Thanks