ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I change the address after application (JCAP)?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zabiela

Should I change the address after application (JCAP)?

Post by zabiela » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Dear members,

I applied for naturalization (JCAP) on 29 March. I still haven't received the decision. I will be moving house 01 Jul, so can someone please advise,

1) whether i should advise UKVI of my change in address or should i wait until I move?
I am hesitant to advise them as incase i get the approval & the mail goes to the new address (before the move) it may get lost. On the other hand, If i don't advise them and the mail is already on its way & i may have already moved, it might get lost again.
Reason I am asking is, i have seen in the timelines that some people had to wait 10-12 days before they received their naturalization letter (from the date of issue).

2) Similarly for passports, at what stage should i advise the passport office/council of my move, now or after the move?
Or do i need to advise them at all (incase they pick up those changes via UKVI systems)

I am more worried since 3 months appears to be the average time of decisions for T1 (G) based applications, which I will complete end of this month.
I am confused hoping someone could help :?

Thanks!
Let your voice be heard - No more Tier 1 fee increases: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49581

uk2k10
India

Re: Should I change the address after application (JCAP)?

Post by uk2k10 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:16 am

hi There

Did you get your address issue sorted.

Can you help me understand how to update passport office regarding address change - I made a JCAP application and have my ceremony in few weeks