ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship and work history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naveed24
Pakistan

British citizenship and work history

Post by Naveed24 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:25 am

dear all
Please help me by advising the best course of action. I have obtained ILR on 10 years long residence route. I was student 6 years and Tier 2 general migrant 4 years. I know now for naturalization we have to provide 10 years work history. I have daignosed with cancer and due to this I wasnt working with my tier 2 employer. Its on unpaid leave and due to this I have no pay slips. That employer lost his sponsor licence and cant give me any documents now. I need advice that can I elligible for naturalization or application will be refused as I was not working with my employer and tier 2 policy doesnt allow you to get more than 1 month off. Experts please shed some light and let me know. My ILR was granted without any issues.

secret.simon

Re: British citizenship and work history

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:38 am

Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation. So, no need to worry.

The employment history is for verifying that you have not been working in breach of visa conditions in the past ten years. If you have, that would earn a 10 year ban.

But if you are not currently working, that is absolutely fine for the purpose of applying for naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:45 am

Naveed24 wrote:dear all
Please help me by advising the best course of action. I have obtained ILR on 10 years long residence route. I was student 6 years and Tier 2 general migrant 4 years. I know now for naturalization we have to provide 10 years work history. I have daignosed with cancer and due to this I wasnt working with my tier 2 employer. Its on unpaid leave and due to this I have no pay slips. That employer lost his sponsor licence and cant give me any documents now. I need advice that can I elligible for naturalization or application will be refused as I was not working with my employer and tier 2 policy doesnt allow you to get more than 1 month off. Experts please shed some light and let me know. My ILR was granted without any issues.
Citizenship is not a visa and being in employment is not necessary in order to be naturalised.

You do not have to provide payslips to prove past employment.
You simply have to list your periods of employment and self-employment (if any); just list it all truthfully and completely.

As you have ILR you should be good to go for the privilege of citizenship (assuming all requirement have been or can be met).

That is also assuming no deception or suppression of material facts was used in order to get ILR;
also assuming no immigration law or visa condition has ever been breached.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 am

Many Thanks for your replies.
Under tier 2 if you not work more than a month it is considered as a breach of visa. Thats the only point Im worried of. Apart from that I have no breach, no deception, nothing wrong anywhere. I can't work due to my cancer treatment and employer agree on unpaidleave that time but lost his sponsor licence. so whole 4 years i didnt work with them. So just thinking that it might cause any issues? what do you guys reckon?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 am

Naveed24 wrote:Many Thanks for your replies.
Under tier 2 if you not work more than a month it is considered as a breach of visa. Thats the only point Im worried of. Apart from that I have no breach, no deception, nothing wrong anywhere. I can't work due to my cancer treatment and employer agree on unpaidleave that time but lost his sponsor licence. so whole 4 years i didnt work with them. So just thinking that it might cause any issues? what do you guys reckon?
So do you mean you were on a Tier 2 visa for 4 or more years in UK - and on sick leave for 4 years?
Was it a proper company?
Why didn't they just let you go?

At what point did this company lose its license?
What was your immigration status after that?

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes. I was on tier 2 for 4 years. The company is management company. They told me that they allow unpaid leave until I got sick notes from my Gp. They lost their licence after 3 years and then I moved my tier 2 from law firm. On that I spend 1 year but I've got treatment sessions and Gp has given me sick note that says unable to work so I even don't have any payslip from that company too.
That's the thing means I don't have any payslip for the last 4 years. Does it make any problem on naturalisation? However there are some part time pay slips there for first 2 years which is from other company. My tier 2 want me to work full time and I can't work full time so I was on unpaid leave from them.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Naveed24 wrote:Yes. I was on tier 2 for 4 years. The company is management company. They told me that they allow unpaid leave until I got sick notes from my Gp. They lost their licence after 3 years and then I moved my tier 2 from law firm. On that I spend 1 year but I've got treatment sessions and Gp has given me sick note that says unable to work so I even don't have any payslip from that company too.
That's the thing means I don't have any payslip for the last 4 years. Does it make any problem on naturalisation? However there are some part time pay slips there for first 2 years which is from other company. My tier 2 want me to work full time and I can't work full time so I was on unpaid leave from them.
Unusual case.

You certainly don't need to submit payslips for citizenship.
But if you breached previous visa conditions you may be caught by the 'good character' test. Not sure.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:24 am

noajthan wrote:
Naveed24 wrote:Yes. I was on tier 2 for 4 years. The company is management company. They told me that they allow unpaid leave until I got sick notes from my Gp. They lost their licence after 3 years and then I moved my tier 2 from law firm. On that I spend 1 year but I've got treatment sessions and Gp has given me sick note that says unable to work so I even don't have any payslip from that company too.
Unusual case.

You certainly don't need to submit payslips for citizenship.
But if you breached previous visa conditions you may be caught by the 'good character' test. Not sure.

Ok.I hope I will go through it. One more thing its for information purpose only. If someone has received refusal and applied within 28 day for visa and got visa then he will be classed as an overstayer while he was waiting for his visa approval as it was applied within 28 days? and this will cause refusal for 10 years for naturalization?

ssjd02
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssjd02 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Naveed
I know it has been over 2 years since your post above. I am curious to know if applied for Naturalisation and how it went.
Was your gap in work during Tier 2 an issue for Naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:20 am

ssjd02 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:15 am
Hi Naveed
I know it has been over 2 years since your post above. I am curious to know if applied for Naturalisation and how it went.
Was your gap in work during Tier 2 an issue for Naturalisation?
Kindly refrain from digging up old topics to tag onto. Start your own with your circumstances and questions.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-unde ... l#p1583294
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.