ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit procedure

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Work permit procedure

Post by karma » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:04 am

I have been offered a job in a hotel in UK. I am an Indian national. I need to apply for work permit. I want to know what is the procedure to obtain a work permit from home office. Please also let me know expenses to get a work permit

vinny

Work permit procedure

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:20 am

Guidance - Work permit holders (INF 13) wrote:How do I apply for a work permit?

You cannot apply directly for a work permit. The employer in the UK who wants to employ you must do this. They should contact Work Permits (UK). (Contact details are under 'More advice and information' at the end of this guidance.)

The employer should send the filled-in application form at least eight weeks before the date they need you to start work.
Back to questions
See also Chapter 17 - Entry for employment: work permits.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Work permit procedure

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:13 am

karma wrote:I have been offered a job in a hotel in UK. I am an Indian national. I need to apply for work permit. I want to know what is the procedure to obtain a work permit from home office. Please also let me know expenses to get a work permit
You don't apply - the company does.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Work permit procedure

Post by olisun » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:50 am

karma wrote:I have been offered a job in a hotel in UK. I am an Indian national. I need to apply for work permit. I want to know what is the procedure to obtain a work permit from home office. Please also let me know expenses to get a work permit
What is the post you were offered in the hotel?

Post by karma » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:33 am

I have been offered a receptionist position

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:02 am

karma wrote:I have been offered a receptionist position
I think it's only fair to say u'd be very lucky indeed to get a work permit for that sort of position.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:37 pm

Not to dicourage you, however Like it has been mention by other members, it is highly unlikely that the HO will issue a work permit for this sort of jobs.

The company who need to empoly you are rewuired to do local Labour Market test (advertising in mass media, internet, etc) before they could offer the job. After that the company needs to apply WP for U.

There are abundant of students in the UK who are doing are ready to take this sort of job.

But luck is always there, U could alwaus try your luck if U want.

Last edited by pantaiema on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pantaiema

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Looking at your other posts in the forum, you are a BE. Why dont you apply for HSMP?