ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(fp)/FLR(M) requirements/eligibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

judyseto
Newly Registered

FLR(fp)/FLR(M) requirements/eligibility

Post by judyseto » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:16 pm

I’m wondering if someone can give me some advice. I moved to the UK with my husband in 2012. He is a British/Irish national and I am non-EU foreign national. I applied for an EU residence card (missing the deadline for the changes brought in that year) and was refused (based on McCarthy). I was advised to appeal and after a lot of back and forth, the appeal was dismissed in December 2015. Up until November 2015, my husband was only working part-time, so we had no way of applying through normal immigration channels as we didn’t meet the financial requirement. Now he is employed full-time and we do qualify financially (he’s had the job six months now). We also now have a child together, who is a British citizen (under the age of one). I submitted an application for derivative right of residence as a stall tactic, as I knew it would be refused, but I am told that I may be considered an overstayer anyway. My question is whether I am eligible to apply for the FLR FP 10-year parent route, and if so, if anyone knows if I would have a good chance of success? Or is it a better bet to apply from my home country? Thanks for any help.

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(fp)/FLR(M) requirements/eligibility

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Where did you move from?

When did you enter?

In what capacity did you enter?

What is your partner's nationality?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Obie wrote:Where did you move from?

When did you enter?

@ Obie Further background...Canadian citizen.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1229052
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

judyseto
Newly Registered

Post by judyseto » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Obie wrote:Where did you move from?

When did you enter?

I am Canadian, arrived in Aug 2012 as a visitor. My partner and child are British/Irish.