ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much chat/messaging info to provide?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

How much chat/messaging info to provide?

Post by Kiwelshi » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:59 am

Hi all,
Brief history: I was in the UK last year (from NZ) on a visitor visa and didn't want to leave my partner so ended up overstaying....My 6 months was up in August and I was detained in November. I purchased my own return ticket to NZ as soon as the option was available. My partner came to NZ at the end of May and we are now newlyweds and in August we will be applying for a visa.

My query is based around the amount of information required to supply with the application as we have collected a lot of chat messaging (over 100,000 messages) and calling history over the course of our relationship.
I understand we need to show history - but how much or how specific does it need to be? do we need to show daily contact, weekly contact or chat log history? I was thinking two screen shots a week with 4 screen shots to an A4 page so each page would be about one month of messages - but a VERY small snapshot of our contact...will this be suffice or not enough or overkill?? Just want to get it right first time :)

John Green

Re: How much chat/messaging info to provide?

Post by John Green » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:10 pm

For what it's worth. I asked an immigration lawyer last week about the number of skype chat messages I need to show. I said I had some from the start of our relationship and some from the middle month our relationship. Just a sample. He considered printouts of those as sufficient. These, with copies of a sample of emails.

Along with these are flight tickets and a copy of the visa stamps.

He pointed out that all of these could be faked, which I think is what UKVI are looking at. But there again, I think it would be the determined faker who would be prepared to actually fly to the country of the spouse, so that he would have to pay for the flights and even take the flights (hence the visa stamps) just to fool UKVI.

On the other hand from the viewpoint of time and money, far better to try to fool them through copies of FB, etc. messages. So I believe that these printouts will carry far less weight than tickets and visa stamps that show actual trips were made, which I would say is what they are mostly interest in seeing.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Not all applicants are able to make frequent visits to spend time with their spouse, especially with the distance between NZ & the UK. Submit a selection throughout the applicable period of your relationship to give the ECO and indication of how you keep in touch while apart.

Are you clear on the financial conditions?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwelshi » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi Casa,

Yes, we are aware of the financial conditions and have that covered, all other aspects we are pretty sure we have covered...The messages etc are part of proving the relationship? So together with chat messages, wedding pics, pics together, flight tickets, receipts, accommodation bookings, receipts for wedding rings, cards and proof of gifts we have sent to each other should be enough?

I am trending towards sending assorted messages showing how close we are and that we have a loving relationship as opposed to one screen shot every few days which could come across as pretty regimented....Perhaps I should leave it for the wife to peruse and decide what are the best messages to show :D

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:50 pm

I'd leave it to the wife if I was you ;) (I'm his wife lol.)

Thanks John, we can evidence the 9 months he stayed with me in the UK and the 2 week trip I recently took to NZ to get married, but due to various factors- distance, work,cost,childcare etc I won't be able to make another trip to NZ before we apply for the visa in August. Hubby can't visit me due to the one year ban..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 98090.html

...so we are depending quite heavily on providing proof that we are in a genuine subsisting relationship. Of course we have oodles of proof, just wanting to make sure we convince the ECO without boring them to death.

Thanks Casa, guess I will try and go with a couple of pages for each month showing the different methods of communication we use.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.