ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when can I apply for Naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

when can I apply for Naturalization?

Post by Darvesh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:30 am

Hi please can someone help to explain the below text and how it will effect my application?
An important requirement you should pay attention to is that you need to have been physically present in the UK at the beginning of the 3/5 years residence period i.e. the day the HO receives your application 3/5 years back. This is a pass/fail test and the HO has no discretion with this requirement.

You must also be in UK when Home Office receives your application (date of receipt of citizenship application is the day HO receives it, and you must be in UK on that day)
i am not applying through 3/5 years router, i think. I came back in May 2005 and got ILR in July2015 and week after getting ILR i left for 3weeks of holidays in 2015. My 12months of ILR will be completed in July 2016. how my physical presence period will be counted in 3/5/10years??

i shall appreciate your response in this regard. :D :D :D

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: when can I apply for Naturalization?

Post by Darvesh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:37 am

Darvesh wrote:Hi please can someone help me interpreting the below text and how it will effect my application?

i have copied that text from FAQ

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
An important requirement you should pay attention to is that you need to have been physically present in the UK at the beginning of the 3/5 years residence period i.e. the day the HO receives your application 3/5 years back. This is a pass/fail test and the HO has no discretion with this requirement.

You must also be in UK when Home Office receives your application (date of receipt of citizenship application is the day HO receives it, and you must be in UK on that day)
i am not applying through 3/5 years router, i think. I came back in May 2005 and got ILR in July2015 and week after getting ILR i left for 3weeks of holidays in 2015. My 12months of ILR will be completed in July 2016. how my physical presence period will be counted in 3/5/10years??

noajthan

Re: when can I apply for Naturalization?

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:28 am

Darvesh wrote:Hi please can someone help to explain the below text and how it will effect my application?

These are not routes, there are just requirements.

If you apply to naturalise in your own right, under section 6(1) of BNA, then the 5 year test will be applied to you.(From date of application).

If you apply to naturalise as the spouse of a BC, under section 6(2) of BNA, then the 3 year test will be applied to you. (From date of application).
For a s 6(2) application, no need to wait 12 months free of immigration time restrictions (ie after getting ILR) before applying.

All as per AN guidance booklet.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.