ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:27 am

17th day today..waiting continues...applied on dec-12th in VFS-Hyd

lion686, have you got any update..

-Steve

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 am

Steve,

No updates from my end..today is already 21st wrkg day for me...am very tensed and dont know what this BHC is waiting for?
Lion

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 am

Hi all,

First of all i want to thank everyone in this forum..This forum ROCKS!!

Applied for HSMP at HO - July 19th 2007
Approved - Nov 28th
MBE boxes delivered - 2nd Dec 2007

It took almost 5 months for HSMP approval..dont know the reason..but i almost forgot that i had applied at one point.

Applied for EC - 13th Dec 2007 VFS Hyderabad along with my wife as dependent.
Integra - Done on 17th Dec 2007..my HR told me that they refused to give details to integra!
Got EC Stamped - 7 Jan 2008
Collected Passport from Blue Dart-9 Jan 2008

Got EC stamped for 2 years.

I just booked my tickets for 1st Feb i'll be going for about a week..and going for good in March.

Iam not sure if my information is correct but this what i understand of ILR..Since most of us are getting a 2+3 HSMP.. At the end of 5th year to apply for ILR...you need to have a continues stay of 5 years in the UK to be eligible...I f i do not enter UK within 28 days of getting the visa then at the end of 5th year I will always be short of month or two that i would delay now....and just for those 2 months I will have to apply for a fresh HSMP and god known how many rules are going to change by then..to avoid this I am getting out on 1st Feb to get my ILR clock started...

However once I am back I would not stay more than a month here because...to be eligible for ILR the applicant cannot be outside of UK more than 190 days in the past 5 years...if i use up 2months now here then iam left with just 4 months for the rest of my 5 years...Then the situation might be sticky.

Iam just mentioning this so that all those planning to go after 1 month of getting visa are aware and understand this information...however i would suggest please check this on your own once again to be on safe side.just trying to be of some help thats all...

Cheers again!!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

winmano

Post by winmano » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 am

HI Daslimy1,
Thank you for this wonderful information.
You cleared my big doubt...
But I will also check ur calculations...

Again congrats....

winmano

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 am

Hi Dalismy

Congrats once again - i am glad that your EC wait was reasonable compared to the long wait for HSMP approval.

The information you have pointed out on ILR is very helpful , many may not be aware of the implications of reaching there more than a month after visa stamping - however , most have no choice because of having to serve their notice period in the current employment

ALso , please post your thoughts on FLR - i feel we cannot take for granted the 3 year extension as the HSMP rules are changing ; HSMP FLR rules may also drastically change - what if HSMP is effectively scrapped in the new tier system ; i wonder what implications this has for FLR for those travelling there on HSMP under old rules now.
I have decided if i do get my EC , to go with presumption that this is just for 2 years and possibly may not have option to extend under FLR - so it is imperative to make the most of the 2 years there ( quite a short time when we consider that we quitting well settled jobs and lifestyles here for it :roll: )

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:12 am

Hi Daslimy1,

Even if one reaches UK on the second day of your visa validity one may not be able to apply for FLR after 2+3 as the applicant will be short of 1 day in 5 years. Please help me understand if there are any relaxations to this.

Secondly, as per "Document of Intent for skilled migrants", going forward the HSMP visa will be given an a 3+2 format. Which means we will get 2+2 and in any case will have to apply for another FLR. Again I may be wrong here, is the new (proposed) visa format 3+3 ?

At the end of your first FLR if you are short of 5 years then instead of ILR you may apply for another FLR and not HSMP. I think I am right on this one :)

I look forward to your reply and to the contribution of experienced members?

Cheers!
CD

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:16 am

Lion

One more person , wannabee , ( refer his new thread for the post) who applied via chennai BHC on 5th december ( just 2 days after you) has got the result - so dont worry , you will most probably get by tommorrow.We have 2 news from chennai BHC applicants today - dalismy and wannabee - so looks like they are clearing their backlogs now.

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:22 am

CD,Vidya i agree with with what you say....Its FLR not HSMP CD...my typo there....True rules are changing one thing is the new Tier1 system coming through in March..I herd HSMP will be 3yrs from now on...but there is no confirmation on this..Rules will change..for ILR untill last year was 3yrs 11months now changed to 4years 11 months..my guess is i the next 5 years its only gonna go up and be 10 yrs like in US....but all this is speculative..Decisions have to be taken today on rules applicable now...I must say that iam as unsure about this as anybody else....but only thing that convinced me was its just a trip little money to be spent..no harm ..i will have to serve my 2 months notice at my company..i have given a decent 6 years here and dont want to leave without my papers..I know its a individual decision that we have to take...just my thoughts.... lion what do u think??
Everything comes to an end eventully...

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:30 am

friends....

you all discussing issue relating to post EC time........

but currently we, who all are waiting for EC.... and bit tensed.....

what do you think lion...and vidya
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:39 am

Vidya

Thanks for the leting me know abt wanabee' EC... but if you see his post he said " EC was received on jan 02"...tat means he got it less than 18 wrkg days...I am nt sure why there is delay in my case...also am being pressed very badly in my project to start to UK..i duno wt to answer them anymore...jus prayin lik helll now.. :?
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:02 am

Hi Guys,
No new updates at my side..the status is same and if i call BHC,they asked me to call tomorrow morning as the counter timing is over and is from 8.30 to 10.30 daily..I used to call up by 9 am and today i called around 1 pm..Keeping fingers crossed..Little tensed up... 15th working day for me!Applied on Dec 17th. :(

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 am

venkatesh.balakumar wrote:Hi Guys,
No new updates at my side..the status is same and if i call BHC,they asked me to call tomorrow morning as the counter timing is over and is from 8.30 to 10.30 daily..I used to call up by 9 am and today i called around 1 pm..Keeping fingers crossed..Little tensed up... 15th working day for me!Applied on Dec 17th. :(
Don't worry.. I have applied on 14th Dec from Hyd. Still Waiting...

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 am

palaka_rambabu

me on dec 03 :P ...wait oooooooo wait :roll:
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 am

U r right rambabu..I know Many of us here who applied earlier than mine are waiting...but just that my friend who applied on the same day as mine got it..perhaps my caseworker is not yet back from his christmas vacations ... :roll:

nerellg
Newly Registered

Query On EC

Post by nerellg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 am

Hi,

I Got an an HSMP approval in December 2007 and yet to file an application for EC, But my current employer is sending me to Belgium for 1 Year and I will be travelling to Belgium to in Fec 2008. Now my Question is will I able to file an EC in Belgium in Marcch 2008 with the HSMP aprroval letter which has been issued to my Indian Address?

Kindly tell me your views on this

Regards
nerellg

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 am

venkatesh.balakumar wrote:U r right rambabu..I know Many of us here who applied earlier than mine are waiting...but just that my friend who applied on the same day as mine got it..perhaps my caseworker is not yet back from his christmas vacations ... :roll:
i feel, if we give more details, they need more time for verification and to take decision... I am expecting that we all will get EC in 3 or 4 days..

vidya

Re: Query On EC

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 am

nerellg ,

I doubt whether you can apply for UK visa from Belgium embassy ...you need to apply from india . Please confirm this with other members or refer uk visas website

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:45 am

for all who are waiting for EC decisions from India:

Its not just the HR verification that Integra does. They do scan and send a copy of your academic certificate to the University.

Most University offices as per my knowledge work life public sector organizations. Things there may not be as efficient as in the private organizations we work with. There are some Universities that have a quicker turn-around but mostly they work on their own pace. Hence before calling names to Integra/BHC I think you need to give a thought about the way things work at the University that you went to.

Would like to quote an example here: I got my EC in 15 days (19th Dec - 3rd Jan, effective working days: 5). I know that my University has a special cell that does the verification. I collected their contact info and mentioned the same in my EC application. Luckily this department at my University turns around on requests within 10 days (generally sooner).

I have two other friends, one from a University in AP and the other from a University in Maharashtra. They submitted their EC applications about a week before me and are still waiting for a decision. Both these gentleman work with me in Mumabi and the only difference that I see here is the University verification.

Last two words: This is all guess work. There could be an entirely different reason for the difference in EC decision times. But I just poured my thoughts here. Please do share what do you think

Cheers!
CD

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 am

Vishal ,

I agree there is no point in analysing too much about FLR and ILR when we have not yet got EC - but i never did any planning for EC till i got my HSMP approval letter and then later i regretted not planning ahead as i coud have applied for EC in october end or november itself had i kept the finances and all other paperwork ready in advance.
And we are undergoing this agony of tension either ways , whether we discuss about FLR now or not. :) but i agree that we can have another thread for that topic rather than discuss here.

Lion , i agree that they are really trying your patience - dec 3rd to Jan 10th is a long wait - i pray that we all get the EC soon and you first. :)
Your "wait ooooo wait" phrase sounded like chennai local lingo - i am also from chennai but living in bangalore for past 3 years. Cheer up and update us with good news soon

nerellg
Newly Registered

Guiadance on EC

Post by nerellg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:59 am

Hi,

I have filled an HSMP application from India and got the approval on it in December 2007.

Now I have to file an application for EC, but my current employer is sending me to Belgium for 6 Months and I will be traveling to Belgium to in Feb 2008. So, I wanted to process my EC for me and for my wife in Belgium.

Now my Question is will I able to file an EC in Belgium in March 2008 with the HSMP approval letter, which it has been sent to my Indian Address?

I request you to kindly provide the appropriate guidance on this.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:01 am

cdraina,

i was wondering the same thing - the difference in EC times - one of the main reasons could be time taken to verify with the university the qualifications.

My degree is from Madras university ( i had claimed points only for BCOM and not Indian CA as i was unsure about CA Naric equivalency ; but i found out recently it is equivalent to masters !! :? ) so Integra would be verifying with Madras university . I took the generic contact numbers from the university website but i hope integra have their own contacts within the university ; they contacted someone they knew at my office HR and not the contact details which i had given them - i presume the university verification would happen similarly at least for the bigger universities where they might have done earlier verifications

ak_g

Post by ak_g » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:11 am

I am happy to inform you today I received my EC along with my wife and kid. My timelines are as follow:

Applied in Pune: 2nd Jan 2008
Visa Issued: 9th Jan 2008
Received by Blue dart Courier: 10th Jan.

I am also bit surprised to see my visa so soon but I think Integra may not have done in my case because for a long period I am working for big company and I provided all the documents to them.

Best wishes for others.

Regards

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:14 am

Congrats akg and all the best ! :)

Wish they could send some staff over from Mumbai BHC to chennai BHC which seems to be understaffed. 8)

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:18 am

dear ak_g....

u applied from pune VFS.... so it goes to Mumbai, BHC..

so mumbai, BHC is working fast...... but not on my case.....

i applied on 20th DEC, at Ahmedabad VFS,,, it also goes to mumbai, BHC...still waiting for the result......

please kindly share your integre verification details..... as soon as possible..

regards
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 am

Congrats akg... thats very quick... all the best...

also please share if you have had any plus points in your application or in any of your documents (other than the usual evidences)

Thanks...