ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anniecc

Passport application process

Post by anniecc » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 am

I applied for my British passport on 7/6/16 (that's when I sent the declaration and documents - I completed the online form on 1/6/6). I'm a bit confused about the process from here. Is an interview always required? On the online system it says that the processing time will depend on whether you need to attend an interview or not. There also seem to be quite a few people on this forum saying they never received an invitation to interview but went ahead and arranged one anyway.

Also, my countersignatory completed the form and photo in blue not black pen, will that really matter? Has anyone had an application rejected for this reason?

anniecc

Re: Passport application process

Post by anniecc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 am

Anyone??

They've had my declaration form for almost two weeks now, and I've heard nothing. I've logged in to the online tracking system and it simply says 'declaration received, being processed'.

Surely if there was a problem with how I completed the application they would simply send it back to me and ask me to redo it, rather than sitting on it? The only other reason I can think of for the delay is if they needed to contact my countersignatory, who travels frequently and is generally difficult to get hold of. Is it likely that they would need to do that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:28 am

First adult passport can take 6 weeks. You applied 2 weeks ago. Suggest sit tight and be patient. It is also the busiest time for passport office in June/July with people renewing passports before their summer holidays.

Yes, you will be required to attend an interview. The only time you do not attend the interview is if you applied for BC/Passport using the JCAP scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:29 am

Its a waiting game.

You should get a letter for interview.

As for pen colour I can't say but it does ask for black.

Not all countersignatories are contacted (my wife's were not).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 pm

CR001 wrote:First adult passport can take 6 weeks. You applied 2 weeks ago. Suggest sit tight and be patient. It is also the busiest time for passport office in June/July with people renewing passports before their summer holidays.

Yes, you will be required to attend an interview. The only time you do not attend the interview is if you applied for BC/Passport using the JCAP scheme.
Thanks. I know I'm well within the official service standards, but from the timeline posts on this site most people seem to be getting an invitation to interview within two weeks of submitting their application.

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Well, judging by what you've written there must be a problem with your application then.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:27 pm

1kiril rarely posts anything positive. :| As CR001 has already commented, you've submitted your application in the busiest pre-holiday season of the year, so I wouldn't be concerned.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:34 pm

Casa wrote:1kiril rarely posts anything positive. :| As CR001 has already commented, you've submitted your application in the busiest pre-holiday season of the year, so I wouldn't be concerned.
Ok I will try to be patient!

I am slightly paranoid about anything involving the Home Office because with the first UK visa application I made, the approval letter and all the supporting documents got lost in the post. I had no idea my application had been approved until three months after the fact when Royal Mail sent me some of the supporting documents which had apparently been picked up off the sorting room floor - my degree certificate had been torn and had a footprint across the front of it.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Update: got home to find my interview letter and supporting documents returned :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:10 pm

anniecc wrote:Update: got home to find my interview letter and supporting documents returned :D
There you go then! :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.