ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application taking long should I withdraw it

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brainy
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application taking long should I withdraw it

Post by Brainy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Hello all ,
I applied for naturalisation (10 years long residency basis)in first week of November 2015 . I can see most of the people already got their decisions now even March applicants .
I asked my mp to chase the application progress for me In April but ukvi told that internal and extenal checks are not completed yet and soon their get those check done will let me know .
Then after not hearing when 6 months passed I did email and call them twice but got one phone call last week telling me that they can't give me any update on my application (bizarre )and if I want know the update I should write a letter to them .
I am worried as I have few doubts that might be causing delay
1 I was working full time while on student visa(2008-11)
2 . I didn't mention two companies for whome I worked for 2008-09
3 . Had a lots of pcns but never mentioned them
4 . Was arrested for domestic but wasn't charged didn't mention in my application.

So I am thinking if I withdraw the application at least I won't get ban for 10 years and can re apply in 2021 ? Or just still and wait to see the outcome .
Is it worth withdrawing it or not ?
Thanks for the suggestions

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation application taking long should I withdraw

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Brainy wrote:I applied for naturalisation (10 years long residency basis)
There is no 10 year route to naturalisation. Naturalisation requires one year of ILR, at least five years legal residence in the UK and good character, among other requirements. Did you apply for naturalisation or did you apply for ILR?

What form did you submit the application on?
Brainy wrote:1 I was working full time while on student visa(2008-11)
3 . Had a lots of pcns but never mentioned them
Always better to disclose than to hide and then have the citizenship/ILR revoked for deception.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Brainy wrote:Hello all ,
I am worried as I have few doubts that might be causing delay
1 I was working full time while on student visa(2008-11)

So I am thinking if I withdraw the application at least I won't get ban for 10 years and can re apply in 2021 ? Or just still and wait to see the outcome .
Is it worth withdrawing it or not ?
Thanks for the suggestions
1) Legal work? with tax & NI paid?
Did you ever read terms and conditions of your visa?

2) Why not? 10 years employment history required to facilitate good character crosschecks and verification.
Did you read the Declaration you signed on application form?

Any prospective ban will be for 10 years after HO becomes aware of it not just 10 years since the offence &/or breach of visa (etc).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:42 pm

I am waiting since April 2015.... :D :D :D

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks for the replies

I applied NAturalisation after a year of getting ILR . Form an I used !
I did work full time when I was allowed to work part time only paid all taxes and NI
I didn't disclose two companies having the fear of being caught by ukvi
I did sign the form and understood it . Why did I work full time it's was the only thing which was get me going and feeding up my family which was obviously against my visa condition .

Now If I withdraw my application and re-apply in 2021 would ukvi can gross me up for full time work done longer than 10 years time ? I don't want my ILR to be revoked hence thinking of withdrawing it . Plus withdrawing this application will the remove all the record of checks they might have gotten from hmrc ?
Plz give me a suggestion so that I could do something accordingly .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:45 pm

These are the things that will likely be against you.

1. You breached the conditions of your student visa for 3 years. Did you actually study and attend classes at all or did you use the student visa to actually just enter the UK to work and had no intention of studying? Why couldn't your spouse work? It doesn't matter WHY you worked full time, you breached your visa conditions.

2. You have knowingly and deliberately with held information from HO that the form and process requires you to provide - 2 employers not mention for fear of getting caught out working in breach of your visa conditions. HO will find your working history.

Any checks that HO have done so far will remain on their records. Withdrawing your application doesn't mean that they throw the file away and forget about it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm

hello @CR001
thanx for the reply
yes I did study for all those years . i been to uni can colleges all my life :) i started working part time with one cmpany which i mentioned in my application .Then i worked with other two full time paid very good and hence paid a lots of taxex and NI. I have got good degrees done in the uk. my spouse made my life miserable i confess .
Admittly , I didn't disclose my working history which i can't change now hence have to take the consequences . like you said they will get all the info and they will actually take action against it anyway doesnt matter if i wihtdraw or not ? that was the answer i was looking for . i appreciate your answer and i will actually wait for the outcome .
Last edited by CR001 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Derogatory comment directed towards wife removed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:22 pm

I fail to understand how you studied full time (as your visa conditions likely required) AND worked full time for 3 years!

Getting paid well and paying high taxes has no positive bearing on a BC application, it is irrelevant in the normal course of things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 am

CR001 wrote:I fail to understand how you studied full time (as your visa conditions likely required) AND worked full time for 3 years!
I did something similar (not the same though) during my immigration history. To meet the salary requirements (which were increased in one of the years), I was working about 78.5 hours a week nett per week (admittedly that included overtime and all weekends) in two jobs. The leaves that I took in one job, I did overtime in the other. I managed that (just about, not a single day off in the whole year) for the year that I had to show a higher salary for and then quit the second job. Even then I just made it to the salary requirement with a couple of hundred to spare. I then spent all that extra cash doing a post graduate course, paying usurious overseas rates. :( Such is life.

So, I think, if the OP managed his time carefully, it is perfectly possible that the OP studied full-time and worked full-time simultaneously.

However, that does not detract from the point that he broke the terms of his visa and that may count against his good character. I agree with CR001 that the Home Office will not delete the results of its research into your work history even if you withdraw the application. If the Home Office concludes that you did break the terms of your visa, I imagine that the 10 year ban starts from the date of your rejection letter (when they found out that you broke the law).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 am

Glad someone understands the situation well. i indeed worked over 80hrs a week while studying . how difficult was it hard to put into words but its a history now. I have had my ILR for over year & half now and life has become less stressful . if i didnt come this forum I was inclinded to withdraw my application . it was in my mind that doing so they will just withdraw my application then perhaps delete all the current application details as its classed as withdrawn. But luckily i came here on this forum and found out through some seniors experts such as Secret.simon , croo1 that its not the case . they will still keep the info and then use it whenever they want hence i decided to wait and see the outcome .
Many thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:09 am

Such is the power of the hive mind of the forum.

And the power of HO is such that any prospective ban will be for 10 years after HO becomes aware of any immigration offence or breach of visa conditions (etc).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

walana
Newly Registered

Post by walana » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:04 am

me too, waiting since April 2015. Never broke the law. no police record. never over stayed. never worked more that 20 hours during term times but still! :roll: :roll:

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:34 am

walana wrote:me too, waiting since April 2015. Never broke the law. no police record. never over stayed. never worked more that 20 hours during term times but still! :roll: :roll:
Hi, have you received any reply from HO?