ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit- No recourse to public funds-born abroad

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naveed24
Pakistan

Child benefit- No recourse to public funds-born abroad

Post by Naveed24 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:13 am

Dear Members
I'm a reader of this forum from some time.Its been very helpful to those who needs advice. I need advice as well. I was granted ILR in November 2016. I have got 2 kids. One born abroad, 10 years at present and other 3 years old born in the UK. My younger one is British Citizen while my elder who born abroad is still on leave to remain with no recourse to public funds. My question is that can I claim child benefit for my both kids or just one kid who is British? Does it have any effect on my spouse and child's ILR and on my naturalization?
Is it better to claim for both kids or just for one and wait until elder one gets ILR?

Please guide me accordingly.

Desperately waiting for response.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child benefit- No recourse to public funds-born abroad

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:27 am

You can claim for both in YOUR name. Adults claim child benefit NOT children.

No effect on visas if YOU claim.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:18 am

CR001 wrote:You can claim for both in YOUR name. Adults claim child benefit NOT children.

No effect on visas if YOU claim.
Many thanks for your help. But on the child benefit form I'm giving the name of non British/ settled child as well and her current visa says no recourse to public fund. That's why I'm confused as I will apply ILR for her in March 2018 and same for my wife. Don't want to get issues as they are on flr fp route and approval letter says very strict for the benefit as I'm applying but giving her name and original passport to confirm with child benefit form I'm scared. Can I read this on gov website? Do you have any link regarding this information? Please update me.
Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:22 am

YOU are claiming, which your are allowed to do. The child is not claiming in their name.

You can claim for both children. I have done it, many others have done it. It is allowed as it the eligible parent claiming in their name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:50 am

CR001 wrote:YOU are claiming, which your are allowed to do. The child is not claiming in their name.

You can claim for both children. I have done it, many others have done it. It is allowed as it the eligible parent claiming in their name.
Thank you so much. I might ask something extra if I do need.