ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form - Employment Queries....pls advise...!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_boy

AN Form - Employment Queries....pls advise...!!!

Post by uk_boy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Hello Gurus,

Will be applying for naturalization next month. Got stuck at few questions on the AN Form.
Please help me with the queries below:

Details of your employment (Question 1.46 on the AN Form) - Am working as an IT Contractor for the last 5 years and manage it using my own Limited company (as a Director). So, should I select the option Self Employed or Director.

Question 1.47 ) Name of the employer or Business - Am currently working with XYZ bank, but hired by an Agency (HAYS). So, should i mention the name of the Agency, Bank or the name of my Limited Company

Question 1.48 ) Should I mentioned the Address of the Agency, Bank where I work or the address of my Limited company.

Question 1.49 ) Address of tax office or tax office reference. What should I mention here?

Question 1.50 ) I work as an IT contractor for XYZ Bank, but hired by an agency called HAYS. So, under Employer Name and Address, should i mention the name of the Agency (HAYS) or the name of the XYZ Bank.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards...

noajthan

Re: AN Form - Employment Queries....pls advise...!!!

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:07 am

Director.

The point is HO want to know who pays you and whether you pay tax via PAYE or self-assesment.
So enter relevant details of whichever company pays you.

HO need to be able to trace it in order to crosscheck & verify, to their satisfaction, what you have stated & whether your tax affairs are in order & etc.

Enter your tax ref from any official HMRC tax document or letter you have.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks for your reply noajthan...however your replies are confusing me a bit...

I raise an invoice and gets paid at the end of the month by the hiring agency [HAYS], and then I withdraw Salary and Dividends at the end of the month. So, not sure if I need to input details on the Agency or my limited company.

Am sure, there are lot of IT contractors in here, so would be great if you guys can input the details below:

Question 1.47 ) Name of the employer or Business - Am currently working with XYZ bank, but hired by an Agency (HAYS). So, should i mention the name of the Agency, Bank or the name of my Limited Company.

Question 1.48 ) Address of employer or business - Should I mentioned the Address of the Agency, Bank where I work or the address of my Limited company.

Question 1.49 ) Address of tax office or tax office reference. What should I mention here?

Question 1.50 )Employment history in UK during past 10 years - I work as an IT contractor for XYZ Bank, but hired by an agency called HAYS. So, under Employer Name and Address, should i mention the name of the Agency (HAYS) or the name of the XYZ Bank.

Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:24 pm

This is an immigration forum not a small business forum (and I'm not a business or tax expert).

But the question boils down to : what is the legal entity that pays you that salary & those lovely dividends?
If HO look for your company are they going to find tax records for your company paying you?
If so that's the entity to mention.
Because HO are just going to crosscheck records with HMRC as part of their assessment of your 'good character'; this is what its all for.
Simple as that.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.