ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NINIOLA69

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 pm

jumanufer wrote:
NINIOLA69 wrote:Good morning friends! Pixie12,Jamanufer,Dublin7777. Hope u had a good night . I just emailed Justice this morning after a long time and I asked specifically and categorically that Whn shd I expect a correspondence from them bcos Ve submitted over nine months now with no warnings,fines or convictions in the state or outside the state. They replied that my application is WELL IN ADVANCE stage and I shd hear from them btw 2/3 weeks from now. Thou no reliable to me but still will blif and start counting days. I will put the waiting time to 4/5 weeks :D so as not to raise my blood pressure. Just think I shd share this with u pals. :D :D
Good morning! It seems yours is decided already :-)
Jamanufer!! U just too funny, :I can't stop laughing here,how do u know mine is decided already. Whn we have bn waiting for over nine months and besides can u trust their words?? No ,u can't but stylishly or by design we will still be hopeful. We are in the same boat bro. Don't worry the approvals are already sorted .............ur time is now :The time to favour Zion is now.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:28 pm

dublin7777 wrote:I rang Inis, the lady on phone told me that my application is on the final stage, that they are waiting for my file to be returned from the Minister . Guys what is final stage mean when file is still with the Minister? When will I likely to hear from Inis. Any advice thanks
My good friend! Don't worry ursef only Justice can clearly define their two terms of ADVANCE or WELL ADVANCE!! No one here can gve u a satisfactory meaning or definition of the terms .We are all in the same boat bn troubled by the storm of Naturalisation but do not worry the storm will be over very very soon. I repeat very very soon,so don't be bothered just lets keep watching,bliving,hopeful and prayerful. We are nearly there and by the grace of the Almighty we will get there.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:49 am

I have just asked them and they told me I am at well advance stage lol
not sure what really means, but at least better than the previous advance.

He mentioned I will be informed in due course, so couldn't get a week etc

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:24 pm

jumanufer wrote:I have just asked them and they told me I am at well advance stage lol

Well thats good to know that we are all in that "well advance" stage. Whatever that means. Hopefully they will be able to send it sooner. Was reading a post back in 2015 approvals one person was told he was on the advance stage via email, only to find out he got his approval letter, that same day in his mailbox. Weird lol. Get your 950€ ready now folks and your gnib card. Goodluck to all of us!!!xx

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:04 pm

pixie12 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:I have just asked them and they told me I am at well advance stage lol

Well thats good to know that we are all in that "well advance" stage. Whatever that means. Hopefully they will be able to send it sooner. Was reading a post back in 2015 approvals one person was told he was on the advance stage via email, only to find out he got his approval letter, that same day in his mailbox. Weird lol. Get your 950€ ready now folks and your gnib card. Goodluck to all of us!!!xx
I also got the same reply via email. But not expectations were stated in the email. Interesting. "Well advanced"

"Hi XXXXXXXX,

Processing of your application is well advanced and you will be informed of
the Ministers decision in due course.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"

All waiting. And wishing us ALL good luck

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Bilbil wrote:
pixie12 wrote:

I also got the same reply via email. But not expectations were stated in the email. Interesting. "Well advanced"

"Hi XXXXXXXX,

Processing of your application is well advanced and you will be informed of
the Ministers decision in due course.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"

All waiting. And wishing us ALL good luck

same email as here! lol

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Advanced stage, well advanced, final stage - it seems completely depends on the person in immigration who is giving the reply

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 pm

D13 wrote:Advanced stage, well advanced, final stage - it seems completely depends on the person in immigration who is giving the reply
Not really, I always got feedback (advance stage xnd well advance) from the same person.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:46 am

jumanufer wrote:
D13 wrote:Advanced stage, well advanced, final stage - it seems completely depends on the person in immigration who is giving the reply
Not really, I always got feedback (advance stage xnd well advance) from the same person.
Me too. Was getting advance stage for so long and was changed to well advanced stage a couple of weeks back. This was sent by one person. So maybe it has a different meaning lol coz if not he would have use the same advance stage of processing all throughout. Or maybe he is just bored with the same email construction lol

Faiq7865
Newly Registered

Post by Faiq7865 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi All,
I am an Irish Citizen married to a non EU spouse. We have 2 Irish children. My wife applied for the Irish citizenship in early Sep 15. Upon my wife's inquest to the exact status of her application in May 2016, she got the following answer:
"Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay.

As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient, the
granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law
is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and
entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and
it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the
integrity of the process."

My question is that is my wife's application at advance stage? Is it only a matter of few weeks or is it still a long way to go?
Regards
Faiq

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Faiq7865 wrote:Hi All,
I am an Irish Citizen married to a non EU spouse. We have 2 Irish children. My wife applied for the Irish citizenship in early Sep 15. Upon my wife's inquest to the exact status of her application in May 2016, she got the following answer:

My question is that is my wife's application at advance stage? Is it only a matter of few weeks or is it still a long way to go?
Regards
Faiq

It looks it is not in advance stage. Considering the fact that application was submitted in September I find that very rare!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:04 am

Faiq7865 wrote:Hi All,

Regards
Faiq
Hello, it looks like she is still on the second stage of processing. Does she have any offences? Road offences or any minor/major convictions?
Did they also ask you for additional documents after u submitted your application which has caused the delay? Like
expired gnib card, passport etc?
But u still never know, she might get approval soon.

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:44 am

i have update guys but EU3 application, Permanent Residence Card.

i applied for Permanent Residence Card on 21/03/2016 via Solicitor and also applied for Naturalization on 26/04/2016.

today i received letter from INIS that my Permanent Residence card is approved - in less then 3 months.
in other forum some guys are waiting for it for over a year now no update.
they have huge backlog of applications my solicitor told me so dont expect any response till 3 months and now today i directly got approval letter.

dont know what to think about about Naturalization process timeline bcoz its wired to approve so quickly.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Woow Deekay this an amazing new you got the 10 Years :mrgreen: it's an awesome way to way for citizenship a lot of hope for us coming !

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 am

Deekay wrote:i have update guys but EU3 application, Permanent Residence Card.

i applied for Permanent Residence Card on 21/03/2016 via Solicitor and also applied for Naturalization on 26/04/2016.

today i received letter from INIS that my Permanent Residence card is approved - in less then 3 months.
in other forum some guys are waiting for it for over a year now no update.
they have huge backlog of applications my solicitor told me so dont expect any response till 3 months and now today i directly got approval letter.

dont know what to think about about Naturalization process timeline bcoz its wired to approve so quickly.

Can you plz outline what documents you submitted for the eu3 ? as i applied as well recently.

thanks

and good luck to everyone waiting :)
I am because we are.

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 am

Dear Broli

Many thanks for being happy abt my application :-)

@one2three
the solicitor sent me a list of doc. most of them are same as required in application form. mainly EU citizen P60 for 5 years. Address in country, Bank statements, all employment contracts, reference letter from employer. all of these should prove that EU citizen was is continuously exercising EU treaty rights. then the cover letter which is most important there how you explain your situation and overall summery to INIS. this is why solicitors are hired sothat they can present your case in best possible way.

please let me know if you have any specific question. one thing i can tell you for sure.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi All, did anyone get approval for their citizenship for upcoming ceremony in Sep 2016?

Also, I would like to know if anyone who has applied for naturalization in last week of May 16 if they have received their first letter i.e. confirmation that documents have been received by the department?

Thanks,

Jani

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:19 pm

No :) :)

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:24 pm

jani12 wrote:Hi All, did anyone get approval for their citizenship for upcoming ceremony in Sep 2016?

Also, I would like to know if anyone who has applied for naturalization in last week of May 16 if they have received their first letter i.e. confirmation that documents have been received by the department?

Thanks,

Jani
Nothing, everything seems to be extremely slow and quite lately. At least in this forum nobody has received (or at least communicated) the approval. Since the date is next September 19th I think very soon we will hear a massive wave of approval, it can't take longer than 3 or 4 weeks otherwise they will have to postpone the oath...

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:25 pm

jani12 wrote:Hi All, did anyone get approval for their citizenship for upcoming ceremony in Sep 2016?

Thanks,

Jani
Nope always checking my mailbox first thing in the morning. But theres no brown envelope. Lol. Its just really really slow. I dont know whats up. Just making myself busy with work lately, as i dont want to think about it anymore. Its giving me a little stress. By the way has anyone contacted the citizenship division lately? Any new updates? Just holding on to the updates from Niniola who was told 2/3 weeks. Hopefully it happen this time as when i was told 3/4 weeks it did not happen. I am still here waiting. Kinda optimistic that they will start to roll out approvals next week or the week after.

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:34 pm

On Monday I found a notice from registered post about attempted delivery in the morning, and the mail can be picked up after 4:00 PM at the an post depot.
I emailed citizenship, but alas, it was a letter from car insurance.
the next day Niall replied (as usual). It must be very stressful work :)

Realistically I don't think anything happens before July
Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Query

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:31 pm

pixie12 wrote:

Thanks,

Jani
Nope always checking my mailbox first thing in the morning. But theres no brown envelope. Lol. Its just really really slow. I dont know whats up. Just making myself busy with work lately, as i dont want to think about it anymore. Its giving me a little stress. By the way has anyone contacted the citizenship division lately? Any new updates? Just holding on to the updates from Niniola who was told 2/3 weeks. Hopefully it happen this time as when i was told 3/4 weeks it did not happen. I am still here waiting. Kinda optimistic that they will start to roll out approvals next week or the week after.
Hellooo friends! A week has gone and am desperately looking forward to the coming week thou not sure cos their words are not always reliable but still hopeful. In the main time lets get busy with the referendum in Uk so that will keep us busy for the next one week. Congratulations in advance guys :D

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Inis replied my email back yesterday that my application is been processed that they don't need anymore docs from me at this stage. I really don't get it when they always replied me that my file is been processed . Am 24 months waiting.

Any help guys thanks .I wish we all the best

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:54 am

on a local forum a person claimed she had received an approval letter asking for €950. No more details so far

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:12 am

D13 wrote:on a local forum a person claimed she had received an approval letter asking for €950. No more details so far
Name of forum or link to this local forum if possible please.