ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ak_g

Post by ak_g » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:23 am

Dear Vishal,

As I mentioned in my previous mail I am not aware of any Integra check. It may have happened in the background which I am not aware of. I didn't get any call from Integra or BHC.

Since mine is very big company and so the HR department, it will be dififcult to find whether HR recieved any verification call.

Regards

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:24 am

ak_g,

Congrats for your EC stamping!

Vidya, Apart from academic verification its important to note that ak_g has mentioned here about big companies. In fact when I was submitting my application with VFS, the representative asked my company's name and then started looking at a list (of companies). I did get to peek a few names on the list (Accenture and Citibank are two that I can recall). So may be if one's company's name is on the list the verification may not be so rigiourous. See in Daslimy1's care the HR declined to verify the documents and still he got an approval. I guess he is working for a relatively big company and the comapny's name may be on the list.

Again all guessing in a not-so-futile attempt to divert minds of people waiting for EC decision. I don't want you all to take drastic steps (like drinking 17 cups of coffee) in the pain of waiting :)

ak_g

Post by ak_g » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks everybody for wishes.

hsmpinit,

I will send the detailed mail in late evening regarding the documents. But I don't think I have submitted anything additional then others.

Regards

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:28 am

CD , thanks for sticking around on this thread and extending some moral support to the rest of us who are in the agony of suspense.

Lion has not posted as frequently in the past few hours , perhaps he has got the courier by now , lets wait and see.

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:29 am

hay lion....

waiting for reply from your side...

i think god is testing my patience now......

:?: :?: :?:
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:32 am

vidya wrote:cdraina,

i was wondering the same thing - the difference in EC times - one of the main reasons could be time taken to verify with the university the qualifications.

My degree is from Madras university ( i had claimed points only for BCOM and not Indian CA as i was unsure about CA Naric equivalency ; but i found out recently it is equivalent to masters !! :? ) so Integra would be verifying with Madras university . I took the generic contact numbers from the university website but i hope integra have their own contacts within the university ; they contacted someone they knew at my office HR and not the contact details which i had given them - i presume the university verification would happen similarly at least for the bigger universities where they might have done earlier verifications
I applied on 12-Dec in Hyderabad, My degree is from Madras University..what vidya is quoting holds true for me..

How did you guys come to know that integra is done..coz I havent received any calls from integra and I dont know any one in hr where I can confirm whether verification is done or not..

I have called bhc but there are not giving any info abt completion of integra verification.

Regards,
-Steve

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:36 am

CD,

Your points are valid but they just prove that the so called BIG companies cannot give any false documents. But still what I think is integra will verify that the documents that have been submitted are genuine or not. In that case they have to do a verification on all the documents given by any company, however big it might be.

But what I think here is there are som many other factors that might effect an application... Such as... University and college, Previous VISA stampings etc...

Just my thoughts... any comments???

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:38 am

steve

i came to know only because integra ppl called up at my desk at office and spoke to me - please refer earlier post in the January thread where i have given full narrative of their conversation.

They dont call in the case of all applicants - not sure if it is a good or bad sign .

HR does not part with information at all on all such "verification" processes that happen- i went and enquired with them and came to know that the verification had already been done - my company in india is not too huge like say for eg accenture where it is impossible to even know who all are from HR ; but the parent company in UK is a very big brand name and people from my company very often travel to UK and hence BHC chennai would be familiar already with the name. Fingers crossed.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:42 am

HSMPinit , i fully agree with all that you said in your post.

They will verify regardless of the size of company as they are validating the document submitted by us

The difference in time must be the various universities efficiency differential. Wake up Madras university admin. :roll:

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:48 pm

dear friends....

today i recieved a call from integra that we are not able to verify your company.... and the lady asked me that what should she write in the report?????

i explained her the ladmarks to reach there... but the lady was sticking that we asked to residents residing nereby... and some of them replied that they are not aware of the company....

the i took some photographs of my company along with the sigh boards and display boards...and on the request of that same lady i have sent the same to her....

not what should i do.........very much tensed...... what to do???????
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Guys,

Day 21 also passed without any luck...seems the case worker has slept on the desk keepng my application as pillow.. :P

Vidya,
Am amazed your brain that u spotted my "wait ooo wait" & identified by background..you deserve a place in scotland yard..I am fom chennai and wrking curently in hyderabad..

Steve,

Even i hail from the famous Madras univ which is also equally infamous for so lethargic work style..now with the integra verifyin madras univ looks tat i will get my EC by Feb first :lol:

Wt ever i cant travel to UK by ths weekend as already 2 guys have replaced my role....hard to type this and evcen hard to digesssst ths fact... :twisted: :?: :idea:
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi Lion

I was so sure that you would get it by today - anyway tommorrow is another day ; lets hope for the best. If the delay in your case is bcos of madras university then same would be the case for me and stevemark also. Lets see, maybe the university has requested them to bundle up n number of verifications at a time and email rather than sending one by one each day - hmmmm , i guess all this analysis on our part is not going to make any differnce their speed.

Vishal , i am unable to understand why integra is struggling so much to verify your company - is it a self owned business ? why cant they call the HR of your company or any other person in the management ? why are they calling neighbourhood ppl ?

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Another day of waiting ahead i guess..Mmm..High time i forget about my application and concentrate on my current things to do..This is eating up my mind like anything.... :shock:

ak_g

Post by ak_g » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Dear All,

I got my EC in 7 working days. I am sharing my experience for benefit of others.
==============================
UNUSAL THINGS WITH MY APPLICATION:

a) I was refused H1B visa in past under section 221(g)

b) The funds I shown in my salary account were 4.2 lakhs out of which 3.4 lakhs from my loan account. This I mentioned in EC application and also provided the loan account statement to prove my claim.

c) I didn't attach any cover letter intentionally because in my view no one has time to go through that and case worker will prefer to get information from the EC form.

d) No orginal driving license was submitted becuase VFS refused that

e) I didn't attach any job communication letter with UK consulatants

Plus points of my application:

a) I had already visited UK twice in the past and In fact I had two Work Permits (expired) stamped on my passport. This may be the reason for quick response.

b) I work for very reputed company

I submitted following documents:

a) Documents submitted with HSMP approval
b) My curent company Offer letter and Appointment letter
c) Hike letters
d) 6 months bank Statements for bank accounts
e) DEMAT a/c statement for liquid funds
f) 3 years Income Tax returns
g) Last year college mark sheets

Let me know if I can answer your queries. I will try my best to reply them.

Lastly I would like to say http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/ is great resource for applicants.

Regards

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:59 am

Called up BHC today.No proper response.No decision has been made it seems.!!! :roll: Any other updates?

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 am

akg,

I think your work permit visa made ur application to move faster...

anyways.. congrats again.. good luck and hope to see you in UK :)...

but please keep posting your experiences till you get a job in UK... its my personal request...

thanks...

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:03 am

venkatesh.balakumar wrote:Called up BHC today.No proper response.No decision has been made it seems.!!! :roll: Any other updates?
I called up BHC chennai today morning @42192310, the following is the brief of the conversation I had with them,

No decision has been taken on my application and they don't expect it to be done immediately, as they have lot of backlogs, they said may be in a week time decision will be taken on my application.

On the integra front they said report has been received by them, when I asked when it was received, she replied she is not supposed to reveal it.

At least one thing is sure..Madras university verification is not the issue here..

18th day :)

Regards,
-Steve

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:34 am

Hi

Today is the 10th working day for me - and 15th calendar day since applying.

I have not sent any email or phone call to them as i want to wait at least till 15 working days are through - although am very apprehensive to know if the integra report was received by them.

All the best to those who have crossed 15 days , waiting to hear good news from you guys by early next week

god bless us all

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:47 am

If what Vidya says holds good about the university verification, Then, I believe all TN Universities are closed this week for Pongal.
First time ever in my life I started hating these many Holidays.

---Jason

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:24 am

closed for one week for pongal ??? :roll: :cry: :idea: :?:

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:44 am

Hi steve..I called BHC in this number 42192308 ..They replied the same..That my integra is over and it will take atleast a week's time for the decision to be made!!!Grr..Mumbai BHC,Please send some of your folks here.. :( Again BHC will be closed for Pongal on 15th it seems!!! Thank God only one day holiday...

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:51 am

Venkatesh balakumar ,

Is your degree awarded from Madras university ?

Just trying to gauge the response time by MU to integra verifications

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:54 am

Hey folks,need one clarification..If my office is ready to send me to their UK office,whatt all should i demand them other than P 60 form??Coz am planning to settle there and get PR there..So please help me in this..Ur valuable comments needed..

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 am

No vidya..mine is not from madras university..My UG is from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University..PG from Alagappa university...and my integra is over and report is received by BHC..

kmehta

Post by kmehta » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 am

all those waiting just to inform you,
I got call from BHC Mumbai in noon that we have dispatched your application and please collect it from VFS Centre before I go to collect at VFS. may be useful for you. all the best!!