ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Double room in shared home to meet accomodation requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Double room in shared home to meet accomodation requirement

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi all
If a person living in a three bedroom house where different other tenants too living but has got a separate double room there for his exclusively used only share toilets & cooking place with other tenants. Then can it meet accommodation requirement to sponsor foreign spouse into UK?? If yes then usually what documents should be to support the accommodation requirement???
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Double room in shared home to meet accomodation requirem

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:26 pm

:?: :?:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 pm

It depends on how many other tenants are living in the property. For multiple occupancy an accommodation report would be advisable to confirm no overcrowding.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Thanks for reply. Does inspection report is mandatory to be done by relevant council or any street estate agency can do as an alternate? And if all bills included in rent then still any utility bill/council tax bill need?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:49 pm

A High Street Estate Agent would be able to provide one for a fee. You'll need to show some form of document as proof of address.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Casa wrote:A High Street Estate Agent would be able to provide one for a fee. You'll need to show some form of document as proof of address.
Can these proof of addresses be bank statements & driving licence etc instead utility bills??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Yes if you don't have utility bills. Do you have a written rental agreement? You'll also need a letter from the landlord agreeing to your spouse living there.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Casa wrote:Yes if you don't have utility bills. Do you have a written rental agreement? You'll also need a letter from the landlord agreeing to your spouse living there.

So on this scenario the tenancy agreement, letter from landlord permitting the foreign partner to live and estate agency inspection report will be fine??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Casa wrote:Yes if you don't have utility bills. Do you have a written rental agreement? You'll also need a letter from the landlord agreeing to your spouse living there.

So on this scenario the tenancy agreement, letter from landlord permitting the foreign partner to live and estate agency inspection report will be fine??
Good to go.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:08 pm

But how about if other tenants don't provide their passort numbers which the spouse visa application asks then if such column is left blank then will this affect the application even if the landlord permission letter and property inspection report confirming suitable accommodation is attached? Does mentioning the passport numbers of other tenants living in house is mandatory?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Why giving passport numbers of other tenants in sharing accomodation is mandatory when they are not comfortable in giving. Isn't any escape of this if all other required documents like landlord permission letter, house inspection report, proof of address are attached.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:07 am

Although inspection reports are not mandatory, I think that landlord requires the passport information from their tenants when the landlord performs the immigration right to rent checks.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:21 am

You are right that landlord has to perform passport check of tenants but a tenant in property cannot perform that passport check on other tenants. So if a tenant is sponsoring his partner then can't he leave passport numbers of other tenants on the basis of data protection/individual secrecy etc.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 am

Why do you think that a tenant must supply other tenants' passports information?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:40 am

That's what I am asking that if a sponsor is living in a shared home and that home is fully suitable to live and is not overcrowded and is supplying all documents to prove that then why the sponsor who himself a tenant not landlord should give passport numbers of others living in the house which application form asks. So does leaving blank the passport information on application form can affect?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:18 am

What is the application form and what question asks for other tenants' passports?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:42 am

This question is on appendix 2 page 04 where it ask that anyone else live in that house? There it ask about the name, age, relationship and passport number of others tenants.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:27 am

Put "unknown" if you do not know the answer?