ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent on ILR,can child travel to India with T1-Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Parent on ILR,can child travel to India with T1-Dependent

Post by Truhislo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi,

I would be hopefully receiving ILR(Tier-1 general route) next month.
My uk born child is on Tier-1 dependent visa(valid until 2018) now and we are planning to send the child with grandparents to India soon and child would be staying with grandparents for nearly an year.

After I receive my ILR, as child's British Citizenship is time taking process, if possible planning to postpone his BC process to next year when he returns from India.

Couple of queries pls:
1. After I receive my ILR, can the kid travel with Tier-1 dependent visa from UK and return to UK from India with the same visa without any issue.
2. Is it a good idea to postpone his BC process for an year.
3. Should I arrange for any will to leave kid with grandparents in India as he is UK born.
Anyone who was in this situation or heard of same, pls respond

Thanks much in advance
Last edited by Truhislo on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parent on ILR,can child travel to India with T1-Dependen

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Should be fine to travel and return as long as child has a valid visa. This is provided you apply for ILR based on 5 years residence.

It might make sense to apply for child BC, do biometrics and then send child to India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Post by Truhislo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks CR001.Yeah I am applying for 5 yrs one.
Sorry may I ask the reason you say it makes sense to apply for child BC and them send

Thanks much
CR001 wrote:Should be fine to travel and return as long as child has a valid visa. This is provided you apply for ILR based on 5 years residence.

It might make sense to apply for child BC, do biometrics and then send child to India.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:39 pm

To get the process started once you have ILR as BC is taking 4-7 months at the moment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Truhislo
Newly Registered

Post by Truhislo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:14 pm

CR001 wrote:To get the process started once you have ILR as BC is taking 4-7 months at the moment.
ok. So you advice to get BC and passport. But once the kid receives red passport, it might be mandatory to apply and get Indian visa to travel to India?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:08 pm

How long does the child plan on being out of the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)