ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visit visa uk from india

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizzu155

General visit visa uk from india

Post by rizzu155 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 am

Expert Members,

I would like to sponsor my parents for visiting UK in Feb'13, they are Indian national residing in India at the moment.

I am on Tier-2 WP visa here and my visa will expire in Jan'13 and definitely I'll apply for my extension in Dec this year.

Would I able to sponsor my parents for general visit to UK ?( Can't go for Family visit visa as I am not permanently settled in UK)

What documents would require for visa from sponsors ? and if any case they can't be sponsored because of my visa situations, is there possibility to apply general visit visa without sponsorship and what documents and fund need them to show?

Please let me know what are the documents they would need to submit..

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 am

General visitors are still permitted to be sponsored by their family living in the UK. Do they need your financial assistance to travel and remain in the UK? If so you must provide evidence of your resources. However, no amount of money held by you will remove the need for them to have social and economic ties to their homeland, and this would normally be demonstrated by showing evidence of their own financial resources and assets. Do they have anything with regard to that?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... g/general/

dylan

Re: General visit visa uk from india

Post by dylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 pm

rizzu155 wrote:Expert Members,

I would like to sponsor my parents for visiting UK in Feb'13, they are Indian national residing in India at the moment.

I am on Tier-2 WP visa here and my visa will expire in Jan'13 and definitely I'll apply for my extension in Dec this year.

Would I able to sponsor my parents for general visit to UK ?( Can't go for Family visit visa as I am not permanently settled in UK)

What documents would require for visa from sponsors ? and if any case they can't be sponsored because of my visa situations, is there possibility to apply general visit visa without sponsorship and what documents and fund need them to show?

Please let me know what are the documents they would need to submit..
As far as I am aware, if your parents can provide enough evidence to prove that they can travel to UK and maintain themselves (enough money for the whole duration they are going to stay including food, accommodation, travel, etc) and if they can prove that they will return at the end of their visit, then they don't need a sponsor. Reason for visit is obviously to visit son/daughter. And you can provide your financial details as supplementary evidence.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 pm

rizzu155 wrote:I am based in UK on Tier 2 ICT Long term staff, and working in UK since Jan 2010 and my current visa expires on 14th Jan 2013, My assignment going to be extended for 1 more year and I will start paperwork from Dec onward for visa extension. Now I want to invite my Mother in Law to UK from India in Jan 2013.
My query is Will UKBA consider my application for MIL's family visit visa ? If no because of my visa situation (as my visa expires on 14th Jan 2013 and I am inviting her before or around my visa expiry ) is there any way to show confirmation that I am going to extend visa and become eligible to sponsor family visa?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rizzu155

Inviting Parents while applying citizenship

Post by rizzu155 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:14 am

Hello,

I am applying for citizenship next month and submitting the docs, my indian passport is expiring in Nov this year I will need to invite my parents to UK by Sep. but given the condition I am applying for citizenship and in few months my indian passport will be expiring. Will there be any issue ? Pls advise.

noajthan

Re: Inviting Parents while applying citizenship

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:20 am

rizzu155 wrote:Hello,

I am applying for citizenship next month and submitting the docs, my indian passport is expiring in Nov this year I will need to invite my parents to UK by Sep. but given the condition I am applying for citizenship and in few months my indian passport will be expiring. Will there be any issue ? Pls advise.
What's the connection?
Why can't you renew passport anyway? (simply apply to naturalise via NCS).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:23 am

M.

Your application for British citizenship is not relevant to your parents' visitor requirements.

As suggested, use NCS to retain your documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 am

I understand my british citizenship application is irrelevant, however is there any impact on parent visitor application because of the fact my indian passport is expiring in Nov and I am inviting them so obviously I will require to send my passport copies.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:54 am

Your status In the UK does not expire with your passport. If you are submitting copies, then they should be certified copies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:10 am

rizzu155 wrote:I am inviting them so obviously I will require to send my passport copies.
Why? When I invited my family over, I did not submit copies of my (then non-British) passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.