ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being director on student visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siavashes
Iran

Being director on student visa

Post by siavashes » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:06 am

Hi
I was on student visa around jan 2012 when became director of non trading company for 3 month before i get my tier1 ent , i just coperated company but company was not trading and didn't have any payroll.

Having reviewed tier4 policy guidance for 2011-2012 is just said you shouldn't be self employed or fill full time Role. However on 2016 version specifically mentioned that you cant be a director of company . still confused.

Do you think this would be problem for my naturalisation ?

wadda_laura
Newly Registered

Re: Being director on student visa

Post by wadda_laura » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:00 am

I think being director or self-employed is the same. A student can not be self employed, if it is, it is breach of visa conditions. Lets see what the experts say regrading it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:09 am

wadda_laura wrote:I think being director or self-employed is the same. A student can not be self employed, if it is, it is breach of visa conditions. Lets see what the experts say regrading it.
I agree
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

siavashes
Iran

Post by siavashes » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:39 am

Casa wrote:
wadda_laura wrote:I think being director or self-employed is the same. A student can not be self employed, if it is, it is breach of visa conditions. Lets see what the experts say regrading it.
I agree
Tnx for reply. In hmrc and government website definition of self employed and director is totally different. Would still be breach eventhough company didn't trading at the time and there were no payroll and bank account, there were also another 2 directors At the time . Company trading and payroll start from june when i was on t1 ent and allowed to be a director .