ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anndeep

British passport query

Post by Anndeep » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:41 am

Which is the quickest and most feasible way of applying for passport as I have seen people are applying online or by post or using check and send service.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British passport query

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:00 am

There is no 'quick' way. The processing time will be the same whether you apply online or through the Post Office check and send service. You will also need to attend an interview before the passport can be issued.
Although the guidelines are for processing within 6 weeks this doesn't allow for an interview and in addition this is the busiest season of the year for passport applications, so be prepared for a delay.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... a-passport
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Anndeep

Post by Anndeep » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 am

Thank you.

The website is a bit confusing. Am I correct that I only need to send:
1. Citizenship certificate
2. Two identical photographs

No birth certificates or any other supporting document, right?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:19 am

You were born outside the UK
You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration
Send both:
your naturalisation or registration certificate
the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on

I suggest you read through the guidance booklet (the link found on the online application) or if you're still unclear, use to Post Office Check & Send Service.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.