ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa and COS timings

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heyitsme

Tier 2 visa and COS timings

Post by heyitsme » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:34 pm

I needed to ask If an employer gets the approval for COS for Tier 2 general visa in June and the employee is only able to apply for tier 2 visa in August then can there be some issue with the expiry of COS if the employer gets COS in June? Please guide what can be done to ensure that there is no problem with the visa application if the COS is approved in June

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Tier 2 visa and COS timings

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:25 am

CoS has an expiry date of 3 months, but what is the start date on it? When you say your employer got approval for the CoS, does that mean they got an allocation for it or have they already assigned a CoS to you?

If it has been assigned in June then you can still apply in August as it would expire in September. I am not quite sure regarding whether or not you can apply in August if the start date of the job was in June, but I'm guessing it should still be fine.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:26 am

Cos validity starts when it is assigned and it is valid for three months after assigning. It means you have to use that COS (for visa application) within those three months.

There should not be any problem if COS is approved in June and you use it in August as long as you use it within three months after it is assigned to you.

Thanks,

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:32 am

My employer got approval for my COS. They are asking me further info to get it assigned. Can they delay the assignment of COS to the next month? If they delay it will they need to get the COS allocated in the next month too? I told my employer that I will join the job in late August or early September.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Are you applying from outside UK?

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Yes

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Then I would suggest you to wait for senior members to respond as I am not sure what is the validity of restricted cos (I think it should be same three months from assigning but worth checking with others).

Thanks,

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 pm

They could assign a CoS to you but put the job start date as August or September. Note that just like the CoS has a validity of 3 months, the start date on it can't be more than 3 months in the future, but if they assign it to you in June they can still put a date up to September (3 months from the date they assign it to you).

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks for replying. I will coordinate with the HR department.

One more thing, I am working with HR about my salary so I wanted to ask will the HR department have told the home office my salary when they applied for COS?

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Yeah, there is a question about the salary and the number of hours when they assign your CoS. I don't think there would be one during allocation though, as that's a more generalised thing. Assigning a CoS is different from getting a Sponsorship License or getting the allocations.

zeeshan81

Post by zeeshan81 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi
if your employer get the approval from home office than they can issue cos from o6 april 2016 to 05 april 2017.if he has assigned cos to you than that cos is valid for 3 months after date of issue.hope this will work

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 pm

My sponsor has given a COS for 3 years but it mentions salary as 30k pounds which is far less than the actual salary (that is 37.5k). I have asked employer to rectify this as low salary will be a problem for ILR.

drusmanqazi
Newly Registered

Post by drusmanqazi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 am

Hi
I have similar problem. My CoS mentions salary of 30K but actual salary is 40K. I have sent email to my employer to make changes in CoS. Hope they will do. Have you been successful in getting a new CoS with required changes? How many days it takes to get a new/amended CoS?