ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statutory Declaration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

georgia87
Newly Registered

Statutory Declaration

Post by georgia87 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi all,

I originally applied for FLR(M) Unmarried partner on the 7th of April.

They have requested:

a) evidence of cohabitation from Jan - June 2014

and

b) from Jan - June 2016.

For Jan - June 2014 we cohabited at my partners grandparents house with no lease, we also don't have any letters from this period. They were all thrown out when we moved to the UK in June 2014. We now have an Australia Statutory Declaration filled out by my partners father who was our landlord in place of a rental agreement for this period. Do you think this will be suffice.

For May - June 2016 I have provided Gas and Electricity bills in both my name and my partners name sent on the 2016. They already have our tenancy agreement and other letters dating up until April 2016.

With either options a or b they will bring the evidence of 2 years cohabitation.

Do you think option B on its own will be enough evidence if the Statutory Declaration doesn't carry enough weight?

I certainly hope so. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you,

Georgia

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Statutory Declaration

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:33 pm

You're going to struggle to prove you've been living together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' as it's not simply about living together at the same address. The Case Worker will expect to see evidence of joint commitments such as shared finances, joint tenancy, bills in both names covering the full 2 year qualifying period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

georgia87
Newly Registered

Post by georgia87 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:36 am

Hi,

The Statutory declaration confirms us living together since 2012.

The HO has also requested evidence of us living together for May-June 2016 which would bring our proof of living together for 2 years in the other direction. So hopefully that will be sufficient.

Has anyone been able to use proof of cohabitation for a few months after their application was submitted?

georgia87
Newly Registered

Post by georgia87 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:47 am

Casa wrote:You're going to struggle to prove you've been living together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' as it's not simply about living together at the same address. The Case Worker will expect to see evidence of joint commitments such as shared finances, joint tenancy, bills in both names covering the full 2 year qualifying period.
Further to my query, my application has been with the HO for 11 weeks now. My initial application had only 2 months of questionable cohabitation from April - June 2014 (lack of good evidence). I have now supplied 2 months of evidence for May -June 2016 which brings the cohabitation evidence to 2 years. This would mean the qualifying period is from June 2014 - June 2016. I applied for the Visa in April 2016. Will this make a difference? Anyone had this sort of experience?