ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment of leave to remain in the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumannag25
Newly Registered

Curtailment of leave to remain in the UK

Post by sumannag25 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi friends,
My wife is currently in the UK on a Tier 2 general visa and me and my two sons are dependent on that visa. This was granted in June 2014 and is valid until July 2017.
However, yesterday we have received a letter from the UKVI, Manchester saying that our leave to remain has been curtailed and either we should leave the UK by 20th August 2016 or apply for a new visa. The reason they have quoted for this as my wife's employer has surrendered there sponsorship license.
What actually has happened over the past couple of months is my wife's employer has changed name (including their company number) and they have informed this to the UKVI through the employer's sponsorship management system. They have successfully transferred there sponsorship licence to the new company name and they have also transferred my wife's employment to the new company. All these was done successfully through the employer's sponsorship management system and has been confirmed to my wife by the HR department of her employer.
I can also see the new name of the employer in the register of sponsors for Tier 2.
In the letter from the UKVI the previous name of the employer was mentioned who has surrendered the sponsor's licence, which is true as the licence is now in the new name.
Under these circumstances, what should I do? Can anyone please help me or guide me? I have called the UKVI customer service centre and they advised me to write back to the curtailment team, which I am in the process of replying. But I am really worried about the deadline they have mentioned in their letter. Anyone's guidance will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Curtailment of leave to remain in the UK

Post by hassanh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:35 pm

It looks like a mistake from UKVI side. Write back to them (make sure you sent it through recorded delivery). Also, ask your wife to speak to her Employer.

Her Employer can contact employer helpline and they may be able to help in a quicker manner. Don't worry, this will resolve soon.

Thanks,

sumannag25
Newly Registered

Re: Curtailment of leave to remain in the UK

Post by sumannag25 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Thanks hassanh. Will ask my wife to talk to her employer.