ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU with a permanent residence card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Taci
Newly Registered

EU with a permanent residence card

Post by Taci » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:14 am

hi I live in Uk for 12 years and we had applied for our residence permanent card in march.
I applied as EU and my husband as non European dependent. My son has British passport as when he born in 2012 I was already exercising my rights and I was legible.
we are expecting the residence card to arrive anytime soon. I know my husband will have to wait for 1 year before applying for British citizenship, what about me? As an European do I have to wait one year even though I have been continuously working since 2004 and already had proved the rights in 2012?
if so is 12 months after the card been issued?

thank you

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: EU with a permanent residence card

Post by Saladin0011 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 am

Nope. You should be able to apply as soon as you'l get your PR but I would do it through NCS because they will call HO to amend your status on PR card.

Taci
Newly Registered

Post by Taci » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:11 pm

sorry my ignorance but what do you mean by " would do it through NCS " ?
thank you

Taci
Newly Registered

Post by Taci » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Saladin0011 wrote:Nope. You should be able to apply as soon as you'l get your PR but I would do it through NCS because they will call HO to amend your status on PR card.

sorry my ignorance but what do you mean by" would do it through NCS " ?
thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Taci wrote:sorry my ignorance but what do you mean by " would do it through NCS " ?
thank you
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Taci
Newly Registered

Post by Taci » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Casa wrote:
Taci wrote:sorry my ignorance but what do you mean by " would do it through NCS " ?
thank you
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service

thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Submitting your application through the NCS will enable you to retain your passport and original documents and also make use of the joint BC/passport application option, avoiding the need to attend an interview before your passport is issued after your ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.