ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process of naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

G M

Process of naturalisation

Post by G M » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:54 am

Dear All,

Hope all is well and what a great board to get good and authentic information from.

I have a query. I am now due naturalisation as I have held my ilr since 11/06/2015 issue date. And wants to know process of the full application. English language requirement will be through my MBA degree and already done life in uk test when did my ilr application.

Your guidance will be appreciated

Thanks
G

noajthan

Re: Process of naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:56 am

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:49 am

It's pretty much a case of making sure you meet the prerequisite requirements (residence, absence, language & life etc), gathering together all necessary supporting documents, getting 2 referees, and submitting the application.

You'll be invited to enrol biometric information and after that, it's in the Home Office's hands.

After a few months you'll hopefully receive approval, and be invited to a citizenship ceremony. At the ceremony, you will say an oath and pledge of allegiance, and then you are presented with a certificate which says you are a British citizen.

G M

Post by G M » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:48 am

Many thanks for your reply. What is the involvement of council in this. Do we have to call our local borough for appointment or we just prepare our documents and send to home office. I also heard about dual application where naturalisation and passport is applied in one application. And than once granted ceremony and oath taking takes place.

Please advise ? Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 am

The choice is yours. If you use the NCS provided local Councils, you can retain your passport & original documents and they will check the application for validity before sending it to the Home Office on your behalf. If you use the recently introduced NCS joint BC/passport application service, you won't be required to attend an interview before the passport is issued after the BC ceremony.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

G M

Post by G M » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 am

Hey thanks for your reply.

With regards to Joint Application please can you tell me the following:

Which form to use and which address to send on?

Secondly these are the following requirements:

Life in Uk test- will submit the same as for ILr
English language requirement- Will submit MBA degree taught in UK
Absence from Uk- will submit my passport with dates in entry and exit
2 referees: brother who is on spouse visa and sister in law is British. Are these references valid?

For joint application are there any online application to fill prior to posting the documents.

Your reply will be appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 pm

G M wrote:Hey thanks for your reply.

With regards to Joint Application please can you tell me the following:

Which form to use and which address to send on? Form AN and the passport form if using the JCAP. You have to apply through NCS at the council if you want to use the joint scheme. It is not available for postal applications that you do yourself.

Secondly these are the following requirements:

Life in Uk test- will submit the same as for ILr
English language requirement- Will submit MBA degree taught in UK
Absence from Uk- will submit my passport with dates in entry and exit
2 referees: brother who is on spouse visa and sister in law is British. Are these references valid? Neither will be valid. A referee CANNOT be a relative, either blood relative or relative through marriage.

For joint application are there any online application to fill prior to posting the documents. No

Your reply will be appreciated
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

G M

Post by G M » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi thanks for your responses.

I want to use the joint scheme where I can apply for naturalisation and passport together without interview so it means I have to call council and apply through them. I am based in Luton so do I have to apply through luton or it can also be London.

You mentioned JCAP - is this for individual application where interview is possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:55 pm

You can apply at any NCS at any council.

JCAP = Joint Citizenship and Passport
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

G M

Post by G M » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi I am very confused now.

I want to apply for naturalisation and passport application together and want to avoid interview. How shall I progress?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Then you apply through NCS at a council using the JCAP system. Complete form AN and the passport form. What do you find confusing exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

G M

Post by G M » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 pm

Dear sir,

Many thanks for your response. I was confused but now it makes sense. With regards to the referances you said I can't use blood relatives or through marriage. Can I use my friends.. One British by birth and one got his British citizenship 3 years ago. Can I also use my line manager who is British?