ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seitaj
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by seitaj » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:45 pm

SE/nech wrote:I just got my RC ( it took 6 months and 10 days )
Thanks God for that ! was a nightmare
And thanks for the lovely people here as well
Can you guys please also add your timeline and if possible what was your situation?

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:18 pm

cypher6 wrote:Did you get the card before than your documents? I got my documents before igot the card weird.
Hi Cypher6

I have received my documents first with decision letter. I got my RC after 4 working days

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:36 pm

sandy88 wrote:
cypher6 wrote:Did you get the card before than your documents? I got my documents before igot the card weird.
Hi Cypher6

I have received my documents first with decision letter. I got my RC after 4 working days
I haven't received my documents back, just the RC issued on 15-06 (received on 17-06). I emailed HIM and called them, but they said I have to wait 2 weeks to complain.

I'm a bit worried about that, get a new passport from my country is a nightmare :(
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello,

Do you know how long it can take to get a passport back? I have requested my documents 3 weeks ago after receiving the CoA. I have used both links they provided, one is the general for requesting the documents and another one to report that I haven't received the documents. I have no idea what else I can do!? I really doubt that sending a letter will help...
any advice?

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Fiso4ka wrote:Hello,

Do you know how long it can take to get a passport back? I have requested my documents 3 weeks ago after receiving the CoA. I have used both links they provided, one is the general for requesting the documents and another one to report that I haven't received the documents. I have no idea what else I can do!? I really doubt that sending a letter will help...
any advice?
hi @Fiso4ka! it took about 4 weeks (20 working days) for my passport and partners ID to be returned. I also used the online form to chase it, after 10 working days.

05/04/16: Requested my passport and partner’s EU ID card back
18/04/16: Submitted online form to chase passport and ID
25/04/16: Received passport and ID back

Its a rubbish system - I was advised that you could also write a letter and mail it to the address you sent the application. Apparently that is the only way you can get in contact with anyone to discuss your application. I sent my letter on 02/06/16 to find out if they still had all my original documents, as my COA stated no original documents were sent when i had sent them everything! So i was obviously worried beacuse if those are lost, then im absolutely stuffed and no longer have any original documents to submit any other applications. So i wanted to know if my application was still pending - I am still waiting, no email, no phone call, no letter. So i am planning to write to my local MP this weekend to ask for help, as there is no help provided directly through the home office, they only seem to pass you around. This forum has been an absolute lifesaver!

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:17 pm

PeatD wrote:
Fiso4ka wrote:Hello,

any advice?
hi @Fiso4ka! it took about 4 weeks (20 working days) for my passport and partners ID to be returned. I also used the online form to chase it, after 10 working days.

05/04/16: Requested my passport and partner’s EU ID card back
18/04/16: Submitted online form to chase passport and ID
25/04/16: Received passport and ID back

Its a rubbish system - I was advised that you could also write a letter and mail it to the address you sent the application. Apparently that is the only way you can get in contact with anyone to discuss your application. I sent my letter on 02/06/16 to find out if they still had all my original documents, as my COA stated no original documents were sent when i had sent them everything! So i was obviously worried beacuse if those are lost, then im absolutely stuffed and no longer have any original documents to submit any other applications. So i wanted to know if my application was still pending - I am still waiting, no email, no phone call, no letter. So i am planning to write to my local MP this weekend to ask for help, as there is no help provided directly through the home office, they only seem to pass you around. This forum has been an absolute lifesaver!
Hey PeatD,

Thank you for your answer. I have requested passport on the 1st of June! It is just ridiculous how long it takes for such an easy task! I even provided an envelope with the special delivery with names and address and everything - they just have to take my passport and put it in this envelope! how difficult is that?

Yes the only resource we have is to use the influence of local MP. Good luck to you! 8)

ro-28
Newly Registered

Post by ro-28 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I will update you with my case.

I applied on 23rd Dec 2015 and the HO received my application on 24th Dec.

I got my Biometrics letter on 17th January 2016 and then my COA on 3rd Feb 2016 (with right to work).

Since then there has been no news and tomorrow it will be full 6 months. I haven't received my passports or any letter nor the RC.

I am really worried as to when I would hear something back from them.

Also, my partner and I did not send any pictures of us together as we thought those were only for people who were not living to together. But we sent everything else, including our partnership certificate.

I'm hoping I will hear something back soon. Seems most of you on here have received your RC before the 6 month period.

Kay2468
Newly Registered

Post by Kay2468 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied EEA(FM) in April and already received COA. My EEA spouse is employed by a university and recently received a research grant from other country (he is not a student). He will still work in the same university but the contract of university will be cancelled and switch to his own grant in one month.

Does that mean that he will be a different type of “qualified person” from next month (from worker to self-sufficient)?

Is that possible just to send the extra documents regarding his new funding situation? Or do I need to withdraw my application and apply again?!!

With this EEA(FM) visa, am I able to work and live in different cities of my spouse?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kay

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 am

hi everyone! so with the results of Brexit now in, with a vote to leave - what does that mean for all of us that are still waiting on our applications to work in UK via EU channels? Does this change anything?

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:22 am

PeatD wrote:hi everyone! so with the results of Brexit now in, with a vote to leave - what does that mean for all of us that are still waiting on our applications to work in UK via EU channels? Does this change anything?
In short no, divorce hasn't happened. Referendum is not an EU process and it's not even legally binding in the UK, but Brexit will happen eventually.

When the famously quoted Article 50 is invoked, the treaties that allow the EEA-route will cease to apply when the withdrawal agreement comes into force or 2 years after invocation of Article 50.

Article 50 hasn't been invoked so for now the clock isn't ticking and there is no withdrawal deal expected anytime soon. There's not even a prime minister to negotiate it!

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:47 am

DRN wrote:
PeatD wrote:hi everyone! so with the results of Brexit now in, with a vote to leave - what does that mean for all of us that are still waiting on our applications to work in UK via EU channels? Does this change anything?
In short no, divorce hasn't happened. Referendum is not an EU process and it's not even legally binding in the UK, but Brexit will happen eventually.

When the famously quoted Article 50 is invoked, the treaties that allow the EEA-route will cease to apply when the withdrawal agreement comes into force or 2 years after invocation of Article 50.

Article 50 hasn't been invoked so for now the clock isn't ticking and there is no withdrawal deal expected anytime soon. There's not even a prime minister to negotiate it!
The only thing that it definitely means for us - processing time will be increased :cry:

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Dear All,
I have applied for RC family member in march of this year. after I got my COA, I requested for my passport (non-eu) and my wifes( eu citizen). they returned my wifes passport but not mine as I don't have base to stay in uk. While returning wifes passport, they returned her passport size photograph aswel along with the passport. Do I need to be really worried that they returned her passport size photo and will this be a reason for them to refuse my application.

Thanks in advance

Jacky

xkcd83
Newly Registered

Post by xkcd83 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Its been more than a month since I applied and have had no communication at all from HO. Getting worried! Is it possible that they send something by post that I need to personally receive? I am not at my home address during the day. Here is my timeline:

Application posted on : 11 May
Received by UKVI/HO on : 12 May
Payment taken on : 18 May
Bio letter received on : ??
Biometrics Enrolled on : ??
COA With Work :??
Resident Card Received on :??
Documents Returned on :??

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Haven't gotten my card either i have already gotten the mail which states that i am receiving the card in 10 working days.

ro-28
Newly Registered

Post by ro-28 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. I sent my application on 23rd Dec and the home office received it on 24th Dec.

The payment was taken on 29th Dec.

I got my COA on 3rd Feb with right to work.

It has now been over 6 months since they received my application. do you think I can call them to find out whats what or shall I wait longer?

This waiting game is really getting to me.

thanks

ro-28
Newly Registered

Post by ro-28 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. I sent my application on 23rd Dec and the home office received it on 24th Dec.

It has now been over 6 months since they received my application. do you think I can call them to find out whats what or shall I wait longer?

thanks

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:04 pm

ro-28 wrote:Hello everyone,

thanks
Hi, after 6 months you have all the rights to act. Call them, send letters, contact your MP asking for help. Good luck!

cypher6
Newly Registered

Post by cypher6 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:55 pm

I am just wondering if there's anyone here who has gotten an approval letter for Biometrics card but hasn't received their Actual card even after 10 Working days from the receipt of the approval letter.

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:21 am

Hi,

I've got all my documents today.
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

UKTONORWAY
Newly Registered

Post by UKTONORWAY » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 pm

hi
i also got an approval letter on thurseday but no card or documents. is it normal?
ho many days it will take to arrieve all documents and card.

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello Everyone!

I have actually made a thread with this question but I haven't got an answer yet :(
I really want to send my application after all the stuff happening at the moment, uncertain times!

I have a doubt over here with this application:

My husband (Irish) has been here since the year 2000 but we are going to apply for my EEA PR with the continuous 5 years, from 2011 to 2016 as we have all the documents needed.

My question is. Section 5 - Question: 9.4 says: "Complete in chronological order, starting from when you/they entered the UK. For each period, briefly indicate what you were/your sponsor was doing"
There is a box with "from and to" then asking what he was doing. Should I just say "Self employment" from 2011 to now?
Do they need to know everything from 2001? I thought they needed only the "continuous 5 years"
He has been to school, then went to uni (no health insurance), then worked but there are a lot of gaps and then started to be self-employed from Jun 2011. From 2011 to 2016 works perfectly continuous (with the odd holiday here and there)
Mind you the question says "Relevant time" that may be the keyword to answer the question

It would be great some guidance on how to answer this question as it's holding us back with the application!

Many thanks in advance!

I just realised this is the wrong thread.

My apologies

dejan83
Newly Registered

Post by dejan83 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:29 am

Hi all, here's my timeline

Application posted on : 30/12/2015; Applied for EEA2 (FM), wife for EEA1 (QP)
Received by UKVI/HO on : 31/12/2015
Payment taken on : 04/01/2016
Bio letter received on : 27/01/2016 (dated 25/01/2016)
Biometrics Enrolled on : 29/01/2016
COA With Work : 11/02/2016 (dated 08/02/2016)
Passports requested: 15/06/2016, second request sent 29/06/2016
Received letter from DX [attempted delivery] 29/06/2016 (dated 27/06/2016)
Re-delivery arranged for 01/07/2016

Resident Card Received on .........
Documents Returned on ............

I'll keep you updated

ro-28
Newly Registered

Post by ro-28 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:10 pm

HI Guys,

Just a quick question - I applied on 23rd Dec 2015 and received COA on 3rd Feb 2016.
Since then no communication. Its been more than 6 months.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

I'm really worried.

erlols
Newly Registered

Post by erlols » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Many of you look really knowledgable about the process for obtaining a Residence Card and I hope someone can help me to figure out my situation.

I am an Italian citizen and my wife (Japanese) applied for a EEA2 in early March. We are still waiting for the outcome after 3.5 months and after biometrics we haven't received any communication.

For what I understood reading previous posts, the notification of successful application, the residence card, and the submitted documents might come at different times. Which are usually delivered first, the residence card or the documents?

My wife and I need to be in Italy by the end of July and we are considering applying for a passport return. However, several things remain unclear. Can the non-EU applicant (my wife) request the return of the passport without withdrawing her application? On the Home Office website, in the page for requesting the passport return, I must indicate who is applying and I read the following:

If I apply as 'EEA National Sponsor' > As an EEA national Sponsor whose Non-EEA family member is making an application based on their relationship with you you can request the return of any documents which are wholly in your name (e.g. your passport) or jointly in your name (e.g. your wedding certificate).

If I apply as 'Main Applicant' > As the main applicant i.e. the person in whose name the application was made, you can withdraw the application and request the return of any or all documents.

Based on this it looks like my wife has to withdraw her application if she wants her passport back. Is that the case?

Also, even if she somehow manages to get her passport back, can she travel back and forth from Italy to the UK with her first 6months (now expired) visa?

Can anyone please help me to figure this out?

Thank you a lot!

Nic

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm

erlols wrote:Hello everyone,

Many of you look really knowledgable about the process for obtaining a Residence Card and I hope someone can help me to figure out my situation.

I am an Italian citizen and my wife (Japanese) applied for a EEA2 in early March. We are still waiting for the outcome after 3.5 months and after biometrics we haven't received any communication.

For what I understood reading previous posts, the notification of successful application, the residence card, and the submitted documents might come at different times. Which are usually delivered first, the residence card or the documents?

My wife and I need to be in Italy by the end of July and we are considering applying for a passport return. However, several things remain unclear. Can the non-EU applicant (my wife) request the return of the passport without withdrawing her application? On the Home Office website, in the page for requesting the passport return, I must indicate who is applying and I read the following:

If I apply as 'EEA National Sponsor' > As an EEA national Sponsor whose Non-EEA family member is making an application based on their relationship with you you can request the return of any documents which are wholly in your name (e.g. your passport) or jointly in your name (e.g. your wedding certificate).

If I apply as 'Main Applicant' > As the main applicant i.e. the person in whose name the application was made, you can withdraw the application and request the return of any or all documents.

Based on this it looks like my wife has to withdraw her application if she wants her passport back. Is that the case?

Also, even if she somehow manages to get her passport back, can she travel back and forth from Italy to the UK with her first 6months (now expired) visa?

Can anyone please help me to figure this out?

Thank you a lot!

Nic
Hi erlols,

I have recently requested my passport back without withdrawing the application. You can request it online here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml. Make sure you click "No" when they ask whether you want to withdraw your application. It took me 4 weeks to get my passport back, but I haven't put anything in the space where you can explain the circumstances of why you are requesting your documents back. Maybe if you give good reasons it will help to speed up the process. In my understanding, you can travel as long as you have valid visa. I have TIER 4 visa, it is valid for another year so until the decision is made I am living in this country as a student and have my rights to travel. In case of your wife, I am not sure if CAS and marriage certificate are enough. When I got my passport back there was a letter enclosed saying that in case you requested the documents for the purpose of travel, you have to apply for UK family permit if you wish to return to UK.

Hope this helps